What I expect from the roadmap, questions and suggestion

Vinceofpyrenees

The roadmap's "things still to do" are pretty impressive. I wish Hinterland will not interupt it.There's a lot of things I'm waiting for, moreover than the story. Especially :

1 - "Real time cooking" : it'll change Everything for me. To be able to use time for other things while cooking, read, repair, eat/drink, check the bacpack, make bandages, cleaning the rifle, use the whetsone, ... ! I love this. I will considerably make game days lot longer.

So I was wondering if we could read books per 30minutes to 30minutes. Because I see the problem to cook a piece of 1kg of wolf during 30min and begin to read 1h to finally realise I lost the second part of 30minutes of fire.

2 - An interesting thing for me is the "Non based navigation system ". As I don't speak and read English perfectly, I ask : is it for example real constellation in the sky for navigation (orintation) ? or maybe do I translate this wrong : is it a "navigation" system, mean a "Aquatic Travel" ?

As for point two, it could indeed be star/constellation based navigation at night. Personally I like orienting myself to map features, it seems to work quite well. It is also possible that they might add a cartography system like the one in Miasmata.

Whatever they do it will only add to a great game so I cannot wait.

6 hours ago, Vinceofpyrenees said:

1 - "Real time cooking" : it'll change Everything for me. To be able to use time for other things while cooking, read, repair, eat/drink, check the bacpack, make bandages, cleaning the rifle, use the whetsone, ... ! I love this. I will considerably make game days lot longer.

I'm curious if you are imagining any potential downsides to multitasking. For example, would the food burn if you forgot about it?

I would LOVE to see multitasking with failures too. We all know that if we were in the same situation as the characters, we would likely sew or make bandages (simple stuff) while the meat is on the stove. Maybe because you are not "watching" it actively there is a "price" to pay, like a % chance it overcooks and becomes ruined or serious loss in condition/calories?

Maybe added % chance your repair fails because you are not focused on it?

35 minutes ago, Mel Guille said:

I'm curious if you are imagining any potential downsides to multitasking. For example, would the food burn if you forgot about it?

I would imagine that!

I do think the option to use accelerated time for cooking should remain, though, even if/when real-time cooking is implemented. This is because some things (like a single fish or a small amount of water) only take about 10 minutes or less to cook, which isn't really enough time to multitask and would leave the player twiddling their thumbs, probably.

2 hours ago, Mel Guille said:

I often think about all this kind of things concerning TLD during my free time or sometimes in during dreams^^). 

1. Yes, I agree to be confronted to this downside with burned food if it's left too long above fire. Like if the food is left above fire 1,5x too much than required cooking time, it will burn. If burned, it give 5x less calories or lost...

By the way a friend said to me : if the meat is parasites or dysentrie risked, cook it again 1 or 2 more times and you could eat it (with 2x less calories).

2. Also, concerning water, it could evaporate if we spent to much time to reading books or other "multitask" as you said (sorry English is not my native language). And finally, one thing that I don't understand what it isn't already implemented, the possibility to drink simply hot water.

3. Maybe this kind of downsides and mystakes about food could affect the "morale" (as I understood it will be implemented). I imagine the character saying when he realise food is burned: "dammed, you're idiot !" > and -1 morale !

I could see a in-game screen like this while the food is cooked :http://images.google.fr/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fus.123rf.com%2F450wm%2Fchanwitohm%2Fchanwitohm1511%2Fchanwitohm151100010%2F48519739-la-cuisson-dans-des-conditions-de-terrain-bouillante-pot-au-feu-de-camp-sur-pique-nique.jpg%3Fver%3D6&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Ffr.123rf.com%2Fimages-libres-de-droits%2Ffeu_de_camp.html&h=300&w=450&tbnid=12X_qPTJ7wQyAM%3A&vet=1&docid=YnpV1Rxu90_djM&ei=QKyTWN7sHIiHaPGzgZgK&tbm=isch&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=1466&page=1&start=47&ndsp=55&ved=0ahUKEwjejOv4tPLRAhWIAxoKHfFZAKMQMwhlKEYwRg&bih=963&biw=1920

Concerning the multitask, I also have "the Edge" movie scenes in mind.

Afficher l'image d'origine

- Making blacken spearheads while cooking

- and make birch glue, that could be usefull for the "canoe" future updated too.

- craft traps

Fire is life and a multi-gift for the survivor. Let us use the fire for it's multi-uses, and let the fire give us the time to multitask.

PS : I wish I could warm-up mapple sirup when the full-seasoning will be there . And animals will smell it ?

Archived