Double-clicking food items

Hotzn

All those hours of playing TLD and I haven't discovered this before - I can eat food items and satiate my thirst by double-clicking on them, respective on the water container in my backpack. Oh, that little joy I feel now, everytime I eat and drink in the game... no more moving the mouse here and there, no more aiming at buttons which are situated down at the right on the screen... ^_^

Yeah, I used to enjoy hearing all the different sound effects my items made by spam clickig them, I got food poisioning cause of that and died. And now when even double clicking tools it makes that windows fail sound and ruins it for me. 

Glad it makes you happy though, I can live without the spamming sound effects.

I also double-click. :)

Perhaps this is a bug...but I'm NOT complaining- if something is ruined you can drop it and when you pick it up you can still eat it!
Maybe I'm just brave- or stupid- but I almost never get food poisoning.  And I have a LOT of reishi tea. I have avoided starvation several times like this.

If you find something raw that is ruined...a salmon by the boats near the lighthouse in DP, for example, take it!  When you cook it the condition will go way up.

3 hours ago, Hotzn said:

To avoid confusion - I am clicking on the food in my inventory. So I can see the condition before eating something. 

And I do exactly the same, but from time to time I find myself eating rancid decoy...  

56 minutes ago, Patrick Carlson said:

The double click function isn't a bug, rather part of the interface that's their to use as you wish. :) In the new Clothing menu you can quickly take on or off items, or equip matches from the inventory, or eat something. But yes, watch out for the spoiled food! 

You know how you can choose to Take (LMB), Eat (Spacebar) or Leave (RMB) food items? Any chance that the spacebar utility could be added for clothes as well? So if you find a new bit clothing you can immediately wear it without going into the inventory?

1 minute ago, Pillock said:

You know how you can choose to Take (LMB), Eat (Spacebar) or Leave (RMB) food items? Any chance that the spacebar utility could be added for clothes as well? So if you find a new bit clothing you can immediately wear it without going into the inventory?

I don't know of any specific plans for what you are suggesting, but it's interesting. I would say that with the new Clothing system we're hopeful players spend time with it so they understand the utility of each item of clothing and the advantages or trade-offs that come with them. For this, the "Paper Doll" menu is pretty important. But your idea is noted! :) 

6 minutes ago, Patrick Carlson said:

I don't know of any specific plans for what you are suggesting, but it's interesting. I would say that with the new Clothing system we're hopeful players spend time with it so they understand the utility of each item of clothing and the advantages or trade-offs that come with them. For this, the "Paper Doll" menu is pretty important. But your idea is noted! :) 

I get that about the clothing menu. But especially in the early game, or on Interloper mode where clothes are much fewer and farther between, you find a new jacket, say, and you know it's an improvement on what you have on already. It'd just be useful to be able to skip the inventory completely in that situation.

I like the new paperdoll interface, but I still prefer to avoid menus and stay 'in the game'  if at all possible.

8 hours ago, stapeliad said:

I also double-click. :)

Perhaps this is a bug...but I'm NOT complaining- if something is ruined you can drop it and when you pick it up you can still eat it!
Maybe I'm just brave- or stupid- but I almost never get food poisoning.  And I have a LOT of reishi tea. I have avoided starvation several times like this.

If you find something raw that is ruined...a salmon by the boats near the lighthouse in DP, for example, take it!  When you cook it the condition will go way up.

Nice find with the drop-eating, didn't know that either. The fact that cooking food raises condition by 50% has been around for a long time though. That's a feature for sure.

;)

On 04/02/2017 at 6:56 PM, Lobotomy Lobster said:

I've had this too, would be nice if double clicking items could be a toggleable option. Its really lame that you can get food poisoning and die from misclicking.

yes, id like to switch it off too. no matter how much i play i still accidentally doubleclick and many times on raw meat :( really annoying imo.

On 2/2/2017 at 3:16 PM, stapeliad said:

I don't think it would make sense with clothes because they can't be repaired at 0%. Wearing them wouldn't offer any benefit.

Eating 0% food will save you from starvation, you'll get food poisoning at the worst.

There seems to be some frostbite protection from ruined clothing.  Of course I could also be imagining that. :) 

Archived