Loosing Cursor Leading to Crash

Grayn

This issue has just started a week or so ago. I am on Linux Ubuntu 16.04. I've played over 50 hours of the game without issue prior to this.

I can start up like normal and get to the title screen. I know I will have issues, if there is a horizontal line running the width of my screen that tends to follow my mouse movements up and down. There have been a few times I've been able to load without this happening. I select my saved game and proceed as normal. When the game loads, I will loose my cursor. I can still look around and have the reticle on screen. I can interact with objects as normal. When it goes to the inventory or any other screen that I would use a cursor, the cursor is invisible. I can select objects and buttons by the mouse by watching the button highlight as the cursor would pass over, but I can not actually see the cursor. I can select using a game pad or keyboard as normal.

That is the first and least troublesome of the issue, the second is when I log out, either to end a session or try and reset the game to get cursor to work, my computer will become unresponsive to the commands. I can move the cursor around on the desktop, but can not select items with the buttons or keyboard. I have to do a hard reboot with the power button to gain control of my computer.

Other games do not have this issue and is only duplicated when I start the Long Dark. It will lock my computer even if I only go to the title screen. Steam forced a reinstall two days ago, but it still is not working.

Looking forward to getting this fixed. I'm addicted, but don't want to kill my computer due to the game.

Do you always run the game via steam? What you tried disabling the Steam Overlay or running the game outside of Steam?  (Note that Steam handles it's own dependencies, so the game might not run outside of Steam, depending on what you have installed.) 

Archived