Reduced number of sprains in TWM - v.393

mystifeid

In the past TWM was a bit like a minefield and I would frequently get one or two sprains a day but in my current playthrough and after ticking all locations in TWM, my character (Astrid the Beefy) has had like one sprain. Anyone else noticed this or is it my imagination?

Sprains are always ridiculously random. Just today had both my ankle and wrist sprained on an almost flat surface (only a slight incline) while crawling while only carrying 22kg and not tired. Meanwhile can walk up and down steep hills with 40kg of weight repeatedly for hours and not get a sprain at all other times. Have even gotten sprains walking out of fishing huts a few times (again without carrying excessive weight or anything like that). It's kind of why you can 'sleep them off' relatively easily; if you couldn't it would be super frustrating to be totally at the mercy of RNG.

@Troxism is right, they keep feeling super random... however I have been experimenting a less painful experiencce on TWM as well during my last couple of hours in that locatio. I wouldn't bet is a game change due to the extreme randomness of the sprains, but it could have happened ;) 

I don't feel they are random but that is the thing with randomness isn't it? :) In interloper every time I sprinted in TWM from the landing gear to the valley entrance into PV I got my ankle messed up. Which of course is a problem when you can't go down the rope without wasting a match and time.

As to the OP although I have not played much before the current build I can say that on my Voyager run I got many more sprained ankles on FM than in TWM on my 200 day Voyager run (haven't ventured into FM or TWM properly in Interloper yet and when I spawn there first order of business is get to CH / DP).

53 minutes ago, Troxism said:

Sprains are always ridiculously random

Yeah, you're probably right. I looked at some old games which are all the same length and compared them with extrapolated figures for this game. There are some pretty wild differences but no clear trend. However it's hard to tell because there is no differentiation between sprains caused by falls and sprains caused by wolf struggles.

Game                  1        2         3           4    Current

Wrist Sprains      19       4         6         17         6
Ankle Sprains     16       3         9         11          8
Total Sprains      35       7        15        28        14

World Explored  72%    95%    59%    95%      95%
Days in TWM     140     13       0         22         26
Wolf Struggles      8      11       13       33         30

I am getting more sprains because of The Constant Mender clothing update made my Interloper runs both warmer and fatter. Warmer means I can casually stroll outside for longer, up and around places like Timberwolf again. Yet the weighty 10 kg of Bear Skin I now wear also sees me often overburdened and thus inviting the use of more sprain killers. Anyone else bothered by the carelessness involved in turning 2.4 kg in materials (2 x 1 kg Bear Skin + 4 x 0.1 Cured Guts) into a 5 kg beast of a bear skin coat. As an artisan irl the equation usually works the other way with 5 kg of mats becoming a 2.4 kg costume in my workroom.

On 02/02/2017 at 8:32 PM, panic4u said:

I am getting more sprains because of The Constant Mender clothing update made my Interloper runs both warmer and fatter. Warmer means I can casually stroll outside for longer, up and around places like Timberwolf again. Yet the weighty 10 kg of Bear Skin I now wear also sees me often overburdened and thus inviting the use of more sprain killers. Anyone else bothered by the carelessness involved in turning 2.4 kg in materials (2 x 1 kg Bear Skin + 4 x 0.1 Cured Guts) into a 5 kg beast of a bear skin coat. As an artisan irl the equation usually works the other way with 5 kg of mats becoming a 2.4 kg costume in my workroom.

yeah, to be honest, bearskin shouldnt be 1kg (they are more of the 20kg category :) )... except if its from some baby bear. a bearcoat made of the skin of 2 bears should easily weight 5 kg or rather 10...

Archived