Where have all the caches gone

Thelek

Hi folks,

Thelek here. long time - no post. I have been off on other projects while waiting for updates to TLD, and I am not at all dissapointed. I LOVE what i have seen so far. but.... I cant seem to find any of the preppers caches in ML.I have started nearly 50 games looking for one of the 5 or 6 I know how to find, but cant find a single one of them. I read in another post that some had been moved, so I put in a few days on a play through searching ML for one. no luck, and i looked in some pretty hard to get to places.

so, is there a new map that may show the new locations, or have they been totally removed.

oh no. far from it. i usually play in Voyager mode, but i have been playing in Pilgrim until i get reaquainted with the game and get used to all the changes since i last played. the few times i tried Stalker, i either froze to death or got eaten within just a few minutes of starting a game, so i just dont try any more.

on my current start, i have checked the weapons, tool, medical, and the 2 food caches near the train loading area. those 5 are the easiest for me to find, so they are always the first i look for. in over 50 starts, there has been no cache in any of those 5 locations.

It would be quite interesting to see if you can find any of the three you haven't been looking for. IIRC there are 8 caches in ML. There could be a mechanic tagging which cache gets generated in each new game, and maye it won't change until you finally get that discovery. 

Just guessing, as indeed its odd that 50 new games didn't spawn any. 

On 1/30/2017 at 8:21 PM, Thelek said:

so, is there a new map that may show the new locations

A while back another player was saying they couldn't find any of them either, here.

I played @Litstorm's saved game and found the hunter's cache across the tracks from the Camp Office and up the hill behind the rock.  It had apparently moved to the other side of that rock. 

Not sure about any of the other ones.

the weapons/hunters cache is almost always ths first i look for depending on spawn location, i even circled the entire mountain in case it did move some. the last 3 i have always had trouble finding unless i happen to spawn right on top of it.but i intend to attempt to find them on this playthrough.

2 hours ago, Thelek said:

well, i have been too all cache locations in ML on this play through. still no cache. guess i will start a new one and look again.

Why start a new one? Is a cache so important? I'm on over Day 100 in my latest sandbox...and I haven't found the cache on ML in it either, if and when I do find it I'll be happy but to start a new sandbox just because a cache can't be found...for me it just wouldn't sit right.

12 hours ago, morgellons said:

Is this definitely true?  I was also told Fluffy doesn't spawn on Interloper, but I determined that to be a lie.

It's wasn't a lie, it only changed over the course of time. When Interloper was released, Fluffy did indeed not spawn in this mode. But some updates later (not sure if it was Resolute Outfitter or even a bit earlier) he got introduced on Interloper as well, probably because many players (including myself) had missed him dearly. ;) 

As for the caches: To the best of my knowledge these should not have spawned on Interloper at any point of time. At least I never found a single one in dozens of games.

7 hours ago, Scyzara said:

As for the caches: To the best of my knowledge these should not have spawned on Interloper at any point of time. At least I never found a single one in dozens of games.

At least one for sure - near rope leading to TWM)

11 hours ago, RossBondReturns said:

Why start a new one? Is a cache so important? I'm on over Day 100 in my latest sandbox...and I haven't found the cache on ML in it either, if and when I do find it I'll be happy but to start a new sandbox just because a cache can't be found...for me it just wouldn't sit right.

well, the caches are not that impoerant, but as stated earlier, i usually play on Voyager, not Pilgrim. also, this run really sucked as i only found one of each tool, one rifle (@18%), no cleaning kit or whetstone, and no bow or arrows. my hatchet is already used up and i only have 3 bullets. if i didnt know better, i would think i was in Stalker mode. the only positive thing about that run was that i found so much clothing that 0f felt like 51f. my new game is in Voyager starting in CH: CH is my favorite area as i like to bunker down at the gas station and work my way out from there. plenty of wolf meat to get me started since Rosie stalks the town and respawns every few days.

and yes, we determined that Fluffy is a shw-wolf way back in 2015. and i named the pair by the derailment George and Gtacie at about the same time. dont know if that one stuck, tho.

5 hours ago, Thelek said:

does that mean there are 2 caches to be found in PV then?

Again:

In Pilgrim, Voyageur and Stalker, there is one random prepper cache in PV AND the bunker near the rope that leads to TWM. (So yeah, if you don't differentiate between those two kinds of caches, it's 2 in PV altogether.) But only the former is a real, randomly located prepper cache. It can spawn in different locations in different games and contains different kinds of items that always belong to a specific theme (e.g. "food", "medicine" or "hunting").

In direct contrast, the TWM rope bunker is ALWAYS in the very same spot in every game and has no specific loot theme whatsoever. It's much more like a normal house than like one of the prepper caches. Just because it looks the same doesn't make it the same.

And in Interloper, there is no random prepper cache, but only the TWM rope bunker.

6 hours ago, Scyzara said:

Again:

In Pilgrim, Voyageur and Stalker, there is one random prepper cache in PV AND the bunker near the rope that leads to TWM. (So yeah, if you don't differentiate between those two kinds of caches, it's 2 in PV altogether.) But only the former is a real, randomly located prepper cache. It can spawn in different locations in different games and contains different kinds of items that always belong to a specific theme (e.g. "food", "medicine" or "hunting").

In direct contrast, the TWM rope bunker is ALWAYS in the very same spot in every game and has no specific loot theme whatsoever. It's much more like a normal house than like one of the prepper caches. Just because it looks the same doesn't make it the same.

And in Interloper, there is no random prepper cache, but only the TWM rope bunker.

interesting. as i recall, there only 4 random caches in PV. and i have never been able to find a single one. by the looks of things, the perma bunker will be the only one i will ever find. oh well, should make for some interesting play.

On 2017-02-05 at 11:29 AM, Thelek said:

interesting. as i recall, there only 4 random caches in PV. and i have never been able to find a single one. by the looks of things, the perma bunker will be the only one i will ever find. oh well, should make for some interesting play.

Bunker locations do change with the updates so make sure if you're using a guide/map/walkthrough that it is up to date. The one cache I've ever found on Pleasant Valley no longer exists because that area is now a cliff

Archived