Sandbox_Alpha_v.393 - CarnivoresSpawn

palbi

I think carnivores spawn time and position needs further "fine-tuning". Wolves and bears should appear at least 50 steps away, or so, relative to the character's position.

I play Interloper, and one day I was walking on the plain ice in CH from FishingCamp to JackrabbitIsland. I was cautious, seen no wolves in the vicinity. That's why I was surprised, when I heard the wolf-bark. I made a 360Degree turn, to see where it is. When finally turned around, it was right in front of me, in the direction I was originally walking to! Which means, the wolf was spawned rigjht on the path I was walking on, and close to my position. Second, I obviously could hear it barking before appearing. (No other chance, as reflex action, I pressed Alt+F4. :( )

These sudden "appearings" have happend earlier, other forum members noticed them too, but never so close.

9 hours ago, Hotzn said:

I've had them spawn behind me after chasing a deer through the area where I saw them earlier. Could it be the presence of a deer prevents them from spawning?

Maybe if there is a global cap on the number of creatures per map.

9 hours ago, Hotzn said:

I've had them spawn behind me after chasing a deer through the area where I saw them earlier. Could it be the presence of a deer prevents them from spawning?

Surely. We all know what happens, in case a deer/rabbit and a wolf got spawned close to each other at the same time. This should be applied to the character too.

Archived