Ice Picks for Climbing

CalNieDaGtarGuy

Could be tough climbing out of those crevasses without also having found some rigid crampons - eg Footfangs - and some boots with a full steel shank (inflexible sole). Not too great for walking in but you'd also have a slim chance of climbing up those frozen waterfalls. :D

I added a suggestion a few months back - just after the release of Timberwolf. 

What I want is a mountain. A real mountain. A dying getting to the top is common mountain. Something that requires me to set up base camps to get to the top.

a second part of my suggestion was some kind of mountain climbing gear that is REQUIRED to survive at the top of the mountain. You should only be able to find this gear NEAR the top, JUST before the point of no return.  I was thinking oxygen tanks, but a climbing tool could work just as well.

1 hour ago, Mikhail_Reign said:

a second part of my suggestion was some kind of mountain climbing gear that is REQUIRED to survive at the top of the mountain. You should only be able to find this gear NEAR the top, JUST before the point of no return.  I was thinking oxygen tanks, but a climbing tool could work just as well.

I don't think it's high enough to need oxygen tanks, but other mountain climbing gear would be awesome!

I do not know if it is possible to fall into the ice. But ice pikes/picks could make it possible for a person to get out "quite" easily.

(Yes I know it's not easy when you are in freezing water, but it is easier than trying to get out with your bare hands).

The axe and knife could also work for that.

Archived