Nitpick- Cold Regions of the Body

CalNieDaGtarGuy

I know that when you get frostbite, you get it in the area that is not covered by clothing. When you put on clothes, you just get a warmth bonus, but I think it would be interesting to have certain areas of your body separately get cold. In real life, your appendages generally get colder faster than your torso, which is why I thought they could maybe add this in. What do you think?

I agree that separate areas should get colder faster. It makes sense, especially because of the other injuries we know of that affect certain areas of the body (mainly wrist and ankle injuries). It would certainly help if the body condition display was available even without afflictions. Currently you can't access it via the radial menu unless there's something wrong or you've ingested coffee or tea, so it would be extremely helpful to be able to see what areas of the body are doing better than others.

This actually is a thing, clothing not only provides a general core warmth bonus, bit provides a bonus to that body part as well. Before this update was released to the public a screenshot showed that the clothing menu used to show a warmth bar for each body part.

They mustve removed the graphics to simplify the UI and replaced it with a frostbite risk affliction (as it counts up to 100). 

There is a possibility they removed it completely though, but It seems to still be there, just hidden to the player unfortunately so we cant really see whats going on.

Archived