MULTIPLAYER!!!

NorseRaven99

I know that most people would like to play along the premise of, "the world has gone down in flames and you are the only one left alive," but really, a multiplayer would be awesome! Just imagine being able to travel the land with someone else who has your back. Imagine sharing gear to allow for more mobility, better hunting, custom character models, combined knowledge, and so much more. There are just so many possibilities that HInterland can take advantage of by having a multiplayer option. Don't get me wrong I desperately want Story Mode to be released first, so having a multiplayer in alpha is probably not going to happen. Besides, we know for a fact that we are going to have NPCs now in story mode, so having a friend in co-op wouldn't be too strange.

It would be cool, but also take the resource intensity and development time of Story Mode and Sandbox combined! It wouldn't work with the games' current functions and systems and would require a complete overhaul. Wouldn't really be The Long Dark after.

As I have seen mentioned before, fast-forwarding time would never work with multiplayer. I think split screen coop is the most I could stand. Global servers would be no good because then all the six year olds swoop in and ruin yet another perfectly good game. I don't really recommend multiplayer. You might want it now, but if they give it to you, you won't like it anymore.

If they did work on multiplayer, they might have to make a separate section for it from Sandbox, Challenges and Story mode. I'd still want the option of playing solo, but it would be great to be able to encounter other people - not mere NPCs.

On Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 6:02 AM, CalNieDaGtarGuy said:

As I have seen mentioned before, fast-forwarding time would never work with multiplayer. I think split screen coop is the most I could stand. Global servers would be no good because then all the six year olds swoop in and ruin yet another perfectly good game. I don't really recommend multiplayer. You might want it now, but if they give it to you, you won't like it anymore.

I agree with you. But if u could have co-op up to 2-4 players. It will be hard to find way to work with time etc. If you would die thereshould be way to revive that person again. And if you would not like it you could still of course play sandbox, story mode etc. But i get your point

There's a lot to think about here, and I'm not sure what solutions would work best. Still, I really do hope that one day we get to have a multiplayer mode. I'm quite content to wait as long as it would take for this, as I expect it would take a while to organize.

Archived