More Weapons

NorseRaven99

I read the list of long/short term goals being set by Hinterland in terms of gameplay and they mentioned adding a revolver. That'd be pretty awesome to have something powerful enough to take down at least a wolf while still being able to sprint around. Using axes/hatchets/knifes as impromtu defense would be amasing! Plus having a better quality version of the bow would be great, considering the current bow does not last long and you have to travel forever to find more maple saplings. 

2 hours ago, CalNieDaGtarGuy said:

I think a revolver would be good but very hard to steady, as you would most likely one-hand shoot them

I'm not too sure what kind of revolver the devs had in mind but if its a snub nose (i.e. 2 inch barrel) I can't imagine it being too useful for an unskilled shooter at past whatever the normal self defense ranges are. I'm envisioning something used for close in defense, like enough to stop a charging wolf maybe 7-10 yards away, but it being a smaller revolver I'd imagine you'd still need a rifle for deterring larger predators like bear. For anything past 7-10 yards, it seems appropriate to have some kind of 12ga shotgun, they same common enough here in the lower 48, and perhaps maybe it would be likely to spawn at the camp office or the trapper's homestead.

Desperation Crossbow

Half the range of survival bow. Built from the stock and triggering mechanism of a hunting rifle when the player runs out of bullets, uses up a bolt and cured animal gut every time it fires, bolts made from arrow shaft and metal scrap, can't headshot rabbits but can make them bleed to death if you're lucky enough to aim and hit something, doesn't have the stopping power to bleed out a wolf or a deer but can take out a deer with 2 successful hits and few hours of bleeding out if the player is that determined of a tracker?

Archived