List of suggestions, body weight system and more +POLLS

Reahs

current food system or something like the one i suggested?   

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know that like 75% of the dev team is working on the story mode but here are a few things i think should be added to the game.

Me and a lot of other players does not like the way the current food/hunger system works right now because when you "starve" you die really fast compared to real life were your body starts to break down fats and muscles to keep your body running but in TLD you die in like a day and i do not like that at all.

What i suggest is that the devs add body weight that affects you in a lot of ways like your strength and how long you can keep warm in a cold climate and how good you will survive against a attack from wildlife and how much calories you use while moving and sleeping.

You should be able to get overweight so you cant carry a lot and you become slow and tiered easily but you can keep your body heat much better and you do not have to eat for a really long time.

You should also be able to get under weight which leads to weakness and you can barely do anything physical because your body is running on fumes of energy and even if you get your hands on food after you've been starving for a long time you shouldn't be able to eat a lot because your body is now used to not have a big intake of food for example the jews in nazi Germany who were walking skeletons and when they were saved they had to be given a special diet to not die when they finally got to eat.

The devs should also add a flashlight thats high quality(waterproof LED) and one low quality (not waterproof and uses a lightbulb and its weak and has low range) and they use batteries and this is lightweight and much better than the 2 Kg lantern that uses fuel and it takes time to turn on the lantern

The HQ flashlight (LED) uses 2 AA batteries and lasts for 5 hours but depending on the power left in the batteries it will give out a weaker light after 2 hours and a quite weak after 3 and the last 15 min is almost useless.

The LQ flashlight (normal lightbulb) uses 3 AA batteries and lasts for 3.5 hours and it will give out a weaker light after 1.5 hours and a quite weak after 3 and the last 30 mins are almost useless but this is just how i think these stats should be but i have not look up how much weaker flashlights become after time.

The HQFL is a lot more durable because its made out of lightweight aluminium compared to the LFL which is made out of low quality plastic.

A nice addition would be to add chemicals/chemistry to the game so you can use normal household chemicals for some useful stuff like here:https://thesurvivalplaceblog.com/2014/01/18/top-5-household-chemicals-you-need-to-stock/ but you might want to read a chemistry book before using some of them(in game).

It would be nice to be able to take down burnt down houses and the fishing huts for planks because they are really not that useful and with the wood we can fuel fires or build a snow sled with them.

It would also be useful to be able to blow into your hands when they are cold because thats what you do when they are cold and this could save you from frostbite on your hands at least.

why don't the character sweat when it "feels like" +20C when you have a lot of clothing inside or +60C when near a fire for a long time so could we get something that stops us from having like 2 parkas and 8 pairs of pants on while inside like if we are too hot we lose water faster.

Will we ever be able to heat up a room because if i burn like 5 cedar wood shouldn't the camp office be quite warm inside for at least over night or a whole day?

If anyone that reads this that have seen the movie World war Z will know what i thinks of here so i think it will be really useful to be able to use duct tape and a magazine around your arm to protect it vs wildlife because you do always use your arm to keep the wolf away from your throat if attacked.

It would be nice if you could use the antlers of the deer to make bone hooks if you don't have access to metal.

Add chocolate bar that contains a high amount of fat.

camouflage to be able to get closer to your pray.

could be nice to have some dextrose tablets when you're tired so you don't have to use your emergency stim.

Don't forget to vote in the polls to show your opinion!

A few advices to give advices.

1) no "realism" talks.

2) no "because it's easier this way", what's the point?

3) think about the deep consequences of the suggestion that you prefer, don't just throw enormous stuff in :)

4) check the roadmap, there're a lot of things coming, you can connect to those.

1 hour ago, togg said:

A few advices to give advices.

1) no "realism" talks.

2) no "because it's easier this way", what's the point?

3) think about the deep consequences of the suggestion that you prefer, don't just throw enormous stuff in :)

4) check the roadmap, there're a lot of things coming, you can connect to those.

why am i not allowed to talk about realism?!?!?

and what do you mean by "2) no "because it's easier this way", what's the point?" well a 3 year old understands why you want to do something easier but were do i want to do something easier all i try to do is to add more stuff to the game to fill the holes thats in the game right now.

i have checked the roadmap several times were have i duplicated any of these suggestions?

Adding "ENORMOUS" stuff into the game adds more diversity to the game which makes it a better game and i think players would like a new food system because people think its really unrealistic to die if you don't eat for a few days and that  your body need like a whole deer to stay on your feet for 2 or 3 days.

Serious question here:Are you just a bot that copy paste a 1234 steps awnser without reading the post i spent like 2 hours typing/thinking and researching about all i wrote so THANK YOU!

Hi @Reahs, thanks for sharing your suggestions. :)

It's true that there are no hard limits about what ideas can be discussed (other than what is stated in the forum Rules and Guidelines).

I think that what @togg is concerned about is that we have sometimes seen discussions turn into arguments about game mechanics and realism that seem go in circles and get people pretty frustrated.

If it helps to clarify anything, our goal with this game is to create a specific kind of experience - one with thoughtful choice-based gameplay, and a mature tone that evokes a sense of loneliness and vulnerability to nature. Realism can help to create this, but isn't the ultimate goal, so we won't always pursue it.

That said, please do share ideas you are interested in! And if you think of a way a suggestion might enhance the way the game feels to play - for example, by heightening the mood of an environment, or encouraging a survivor to make hard choices - please mention it. We find those kinds of discussions really interesting. :)

I read your post, I didn't copy pasted anything, I was brief and harsh just because I didn't have a lot of time. It was just my thought about how to give suggestions since I've read a lot of them. I'm not the police. :)

I don't think the game is perfect, I think you have valid points as well. All I was saying is just that by reading it I can't grasp how your emotions connects to the complex environment of the game. The things that I've understood the most are not things that I like, but that's ok!

If you want we can discuss in detail one of your suggestions, the one that you care about the most, maybe we can explore it more.

Interesting suggestion, how does this sound as a (hopefully) quick wiki summary?

New Skill along with Archery, Mending, Carcass Harvesting and others

Skill name: Wilderness Survival Hiking Fitness

Increased by consuming calories from walking/sprinting, with a 2x bonus for sprinting while encumbered by more than 10kg

Level 1 Bonus - Basic 30kg carrying weight
Level 2 Bonus - 0.5kg extra carrying capacity
Level 3 Bonus - 0.5kg extra carrying capacity
Level 4 Bonus - 0.5kg extra carrying capacity (Balanced out to be at about 200km of calories consumed by walking/sprinting to get it?)
Level 5 Bonus - 0.5kg extra carrying capacity, +1C bonus to your Feels Like temperature, 5% reduction of encumbered speed penalty (32kg total capacity, moves less slow when carrying a lot) (Somewhere around 500km worth?)

New Affliction name: Hiking Fitness Contention

Happens if your character starves, is removed if 24 hours (or more?) pass with no further starvation, no other first aid requirement

Effect: calories burned by walking/sprinting do not count towards the skill (possible reverting of the levels?)
Decreases total Fatigue level by 1% for each extra day if removal requirement not met?

• 3 weeks later...

A simplified version of this would be nice Starvation definitely should take a lot longer than it does, and cause progressive fatigue and increased sensitivity to cold (maybe it does and I didn't notice?), and it would be cool if long periods of eating well, maybe coupled with lack of activity, would make you fatter and therefore slower/warmer.

That could be paired with a fatter or thinner looking character in the clothing screen and (maybe someday?) mirrors. It would really add to immersion.

Not bad idea @ArchJudge but personally I think this goes far off in the distance, I am fine with it the way it is. I would prefer simply they come up with a quick and dirty patch that gets rid of the starvation exploit, the crawling overloaded downhill exploit, and the crouch and hide exploit. I would prefer wildlife AI improvements and them being able to smell you down wind or hear you down wind as well as a greater diversity and more craftable gear. I would simply say, to me, those are higher on my list, but what do I know?

Refined wildlife AI would be a welcome change, especially if wolf packs build up the boldness to go inside houses having scented the player inside as this would add more depth to crafting traps to defend from that. Something like a complex snare trap that catches a wolf in between a door and the trap, preventing the player from leaving the shelter but at least he/she didn't get his/her face eaten by a wolf while sleeping. So the player wakes up with hyper-aggressive wolf sounds coming from an immobilized beast(s) and has to finish them off with a weapon. Or if no bow/rifle available, he/she can struggle with the wolf using a spear from a more advantageous position.

Dramatic survival

3 hours ago, AZHockeyNut said:

@ArchJudgeI would prefer wildlife AI improvements and them being able to smell you down wind or hear you down wind as well as a greater diversity and more craftable gear. I would simply say, to me, those are higher on my list, but what do I know?

+1, having to stay upwind of wildlife would be a great addition to hunting.

Archived