Secrets and Easter eggs

Kyleee

They probably will when the game's more finished, there are secret prepper bunkers in the maps as of now that you can find. They are rare and dont spawn in the same place every game. Ive also found hidden unlootable corpses that are enveloped in ice shelves. And loot that is in very tricky to see places.

36 minutes ago, Frozen guy said:

I really love the movie The Road but except for the flaregun, i don't see the reference to it. Can you give me some reference, please ?

Mostly thematic references, the endless cold, tough choices for survival.

Will Mackenzi looks sorta like the man in the road, plus hes about the same age.

The flaregun. You can kill things with it, ive killed wolves in one hit.

One of the quotes upon starting a new game is from the movie too.

And more.

21 hours ago, MarrowStone said:

Mostly thematic references, the endless cold, tough choices for survival.

Will Mackenzi looks sorta like the man in the road, plus hes about the same age.

The flaregun. You can kill things with it, ive killed wolves in one hit.

One of the quotes upon starting a new game is from the movie too.

And more.

Thanks you, it's true that the winter subject are common betwwen this two fabulous works. It will be cool to have a simple shopping cart along a road as a nice reference.

9 hours ago, Frozen guy said:

Thanks you, it's true that the winter subject are common betwwen this two fabulous works. It will be cool to have a simple shopping cart along a road as a nice reference.

Yes, I know that there's a city on Great Bear Island so it should be possible for a shopping cart to be found, just as an un-interactible reference though, since a shopping cart is impossible to push through snow anyways.

2 hours ago, Mikhail_Reign said:

I suggested being able to find a DB Cooper-esk character, frozen to death in a cave or something, along with a heap of burnable bundles of money. 

Then I realised that Canadians use plastic money like we do, and burning that would probably kinda suck.

The "money" (its real name is trash now) could be put in the same place you find the mountaineer's note in twm.

Archived