Starting to walk with over 50kg

mystifeid

If I start to walk outside carrying much more than 50kg, my character walks very slowly but if I squat down then stand back up again, walking speed increases. The same happens if I walk off a small rock, stair etc.

Is this really necessary? You'd think that doing squats with 50+kg would slow you down a lot more, not speed you up.

2 hours ago, mystifeid said:

If I start to walk outside carrying much more than 50kg, my character walks very slowly but if I squat down then stand back up again, walking speed increases. The same happens if I walk off a small rock, stair etc.

I remember someone else saying this recently........here.

I agree, this seems like something that should be addressed.

• 4 weeks later...

Unlike Sunems (linked to by Timber Wolf, above), I think this isn't a bug that benefits the player, but a bug that harms the player (when they DON'T crouch and stand back up again). In other words I feel there are times when the game just has you moving TOO slowly. Crouching and re-standing almost feels like I'm slapping the game -- "Hey, idjut, wake up! Why you going so slow!" For instance it seems to happen sometimes when you check inventory -- when you come back to the game you'll be moving more slowly than before you hit the "I" key, but crouching/standing speeds you back up.

I've also had issues where the avatar was simply moving TOO slowly (specifically inside houses in Coastal Townsite area). Crouching/standing (or anything else I tried) wouldn't solve this issue, only quitting and reloading would. I think there are "issues" with avatar speed and this crouching/standing in order to speed up (or, as I believe, in order to reach the "correct" speed) is one of them.

Archived