Tin Can of Sardines - Why Does It Quench Thirst?

Deathdealers747

I'd wondered about sardines too.  All of the ones I've ever run across have been packed in oil and are really, really salty.  about 30% of your daily requirement.  But if some are packed in water then maybe those are the ones we're running across.

On 1/26/2017 at 11:38 AM, Deathdealers747 said:

So, I keep wondering, why would one of the saltiest items on Earth cause you to quench your thirst!? It bugs me out like crazy. 

Everybody knows that the saltier the item, the thirstier you get, and the more liquids that you need to drink. So, why would sardines be any different?

Some items that are particularly moist (peaches, dog food) will also provide a small amount of "hydration" in terms of your player status. It's certainly not equivalent to what you get from plain old H2O however.

On 1/27/2017 at 2:16 AM, Pillock said:

Have you never tried F-Max, the sparkling fish-flavoured drink in a can?

This...sounds interesting. Is it real and have you tried it? :)

9 hours ago, Patrick Carlson said:

This...sounds interesting. Is it real and have you tried it? :)

fmax.jpgf-max.jpg

If you haven’t heard already, you really need to try the lightly sparkling fish-flavoured drink F-Max that is EU approved! It’s good for healthy and is guaranteed to improve skin complexion and and increase your chances of a male son. F-Max! It’s not just a drink; it’s a lifestyle choice!

I can't decide if it is (or was) a real product, or just a long-running in-joke that's surfaced again more recently.

Someone might have been mad enough to conceive of such a thing, and then try to market it? Especially in mid-90s Communist China...

Edit: further research suggests that it actually did (and possibly still does) exist, though probably has nothing to do with Communist China.

Archived