Polls for suggestions in high consideration

Rolandtigerfish

The closest we have to this is the developement roadmap (,http://hinterlandgames.com/the-long-dark/roadmap/), and surveys that are issued after a major update to see if we like it. The roadmap is pretty outdated at the moment though.

Excuse me for speaking for them, I may be wrong, but from what I know:

Hinterlands doesnt like promising things they arent sure will be implemented and they dont like spoiling surprises for their fans so I dont think we'll see any polls that occur before something is developed. 

However, we may (hopefully) see an update to that roadmap, 

Again, i may be wrong, and am just a community member sharing my observations, I dont speak on behalf the team directly. 

I hope this helped?

This is an exciting list!

NEAR TERM (1-6 Month Window)

Moose
Cougar
Improved Cooking; more of the cooking action happens in-game (vs. in menus); cooking happens in game-time (i.e. not accelerated time), so you can multi-task.
Frostbite affliction
Axe (tool)
Wellbeing system (i.e. mental/emotional cost of survival; “willpower locket” fits in here)
Aurora gameplay effects & hazards
Widespread narrative collectibles
Backer naming and writing rewards integrated into game world
Primitive firemaking skill (ex. bow-drill)
Improved first-person presence (low-hanging fruit)
Improved Sprains
Improved Infections
New Clothing system & all new Clothing assets
NPCs in the Sandbox
Parley system
Improved firemaking (blowing mechanic; first-person presence)
Revolver
Non-map based Navigation system
Knowledge system
Improved first-person presence (more complex interactions)
Snowshoes or Nordic skis?
Steam Trading Cards

MEDIUM TERM (6-12 Month Window)

Mod support
Spring Sandbox
Moving water
Improved Fishing
Wolfpack behaviour
Wildlife interactions (ex. Wolves vs. Bears)
Grizzly Bear
Sandbox survivor personas (characters?)
VR Experience
Crafting for safehouse customization
Crafting for clothing customization
Gunsmithing & ammunition crafting

LONG TERM (12+ Month Window // R&D)

Full-season survival Sandbox (transitioning from season to season)
New travel options: Canoe, Horse
Seamless world streaming
Long-distance travel
Planting
Sandbox AI community social dynamics

Cool. I understand they don't want to bite off more than they can chew. I'd just like to see a little more updates in the forum a little hey we're looking at this right now what do you think... With the holiday hill on them I understand it will be another month or so before anyone from dev team becomes active in forum. 

1 hour ago, Rolandtigerfish said:

Cool. I understand they don't want to bite off more than they can chew. I'd just like to see a little more updates in the forum a little hey we're looking at this right now what do you think... With the holiday hill on them I understand it will be another month or so before anyone from dev team becomes active in forum. 

I'm under the assumption that they might be considering this subject that I've made a poll for the community to show what they think... 

• 2 weeks later...

We've had a number of polls in the past. I did most of them. I don't know why you guys don't make more polls. They are a very good way to gather player feedback on the popularity of features and Hinterland has been very responsive to user requests. Just because there is a poll, is no guarantee of implementation of a desired feature. It is better to ask for a lot than not to ask at all and have a lesser game that looses out appeal when other (more costly) games come around. Hinterland is breaking new territory with The Long Dark!

To find polls merely do a search for [Poll] with the search capability of the forum. I think I have about a dozen including one for the items on the current road map.

Steve

1 hour ago, SteveP said:

We've had a number of polls in the past. I did most of them. I don't know why you guys don't make more polls. They are a very good way to gather player feedback on the popularity of features and Hinterland has been very responsive to user requests. Just because there is a poll, is no guarantee of implementation of a desired feature. It is better to ask for a lot than not to ask at all and have a lesser game that looses out appeal when other (more costly) games come around. Hinterland is breaking new territory with The Long Dark!

To find polls merely do a search for [Poll] with the search capability of the forum. I think I have about a dozen including one for the items on the current road map.

Steve

I always assumed that the P in your name stood for Poll, Steve!

1 minute ago, Pillock said:

I always assumed that the P in your name stood for Poll, Steve!

It stands for my last name but I like the idea of polls. Part of good quality assurance is to gather customer feedback and polls are ideal for this, if well designed. People tend to like to be included on a poll with their inputs.

Archived