My music inspired by The Long Dark

Just wanted to share some of my music with the forum. I mixed it with a gameplay footage and made a video out of it. This music was inspired by my expirience in The Long Dark, and the game itself. Let me know, what you think about it
And, just in case, if somebody wants the music without the video, well, i have attached the mp3 file to this post

North Paradise - Soul Shelter.mp3

9 hours ago, MarrowStone said:

Wow, definitely holds that eerie, lonely feel that the other songs produce!

What did you use to make this music? It sounds really organic for a music program.

Thank you!
If you mean the instruments i used, there is only a few elements in this music. It's mosty an electric guitar which was recorded straight into cubase(one of the digital audio workstations), and some software synths used as a background pad.

2 hours ago, Tosha said:

Thank you!
If you mean the instruments i used, there is only a few elements in this music. It's mosty an electric guitar which was recorded straight into cubase(one of the digital audio workstations), and some software synths used as a background pad.

Beautiful stuff, Tosha. Thanks for sharing it with us. I think you captured it very well! :)

On 25/01/2017 at 0:05 AM, Rusty_Old_F250 said:

Very well done! I like it, like everyone said it captures the feeling of the game very nicely. 

Keep it coming, perhaps it can start a whole new genre of music... B|

Sam

On 25/01/2017 at 9:48 PM, Frozen guy said:

Very nice, it fits totally with the ton of the game !

Great job !

Thanks guys, it feels really nice knowing that someone liked a creation of yours!

On 24/01/2017 at 8:34 PM, MarrowStone said:

@Tosha, yeah thats what I meant, I figured you either knew how to play guitar or had some really good software for it.

I have a passion for listening to music but unfortunately it didnt bring talent with it. 

Who knows man, maybe you just haven't discovered it yet. If ten years ago somebody would have told me that i'm gonna make all that audio stuff, recording music, foley, sfx, mixing, and that im gonna love it, well, i would have never believed it ^_^  And i've been doing that for the 8 years now

On 24/01/2017 at 8:32 PM, Patrick Carlson said:

Beautiful stuff, Tosha. Thanks for sharing it with us. I think you captured it very well! :)

I didn't expect to see someone from Hinterland commenting on this. What a nice surprise! Thank you, Patrick, i appreciate it!

Archived