Weather Conditions: Now and Later

Barretts Privateer

So, I've been thinking about this, mainly due to the massive rainstorms I've been getting recently (currently, the rain sounds like light machine gun fire). Right now, the only weather systems we have in the current meta are blizzards; deadly in their own right, but still, once you get a main base of operations set up with a few 'outposts', nothing much to worry about. Here are some of my ideas for some new weather conditions; some can be implemented now, some will have to wait until the seasons are released.

Sleet (Season: Late Autumn/Winter): Occurs when the temperature is hovering right around the freezing mark. Shorter than a blizzard, but more deadly. Traveling outside during a sleet storm causes clothes to become wet and freeze at a rapid pace, a danger only increased by the windchill. Visibility is almost nonexistent; best to just stay inside.

Rain (Season: Spring/Autumn): Not too cold, but obviously, rain will increase the rate at which clothes get wet, though freezing is not too much of a worry. Fires are harder to start outdoors (I was thinking a 50-55% chance, before skills are added. i.e, the Firestarter skill can help negate some of the effects), and dry fuel and tinder are needed to start one without accelerant.

If it would be at all possible, I would also like to see water levels rise...perhaps Bear Creek starts to overflow its banks and cause flooding.

Anyone else?

Archived