Thermos/Liquid container

shakespearbot

A small metal thermos that you can carry water, coffee, or tea in, and keeps it warm for longer.

Also, an addition of having to find water bottles and jugs. Currently we can generate unending amounts of plastic bottles, and the ability to make them disappear when picking them up. I would like to see water containers be items. Jugs could hold 5L, and bottles could hold 0.5L or 1L.

depositphotos_111089776-stock-photo-beard-man-with-hot-drink.jpg

I like this idea - it could also tie into the legions of mugs you can magic into existence when making tea or coffee (so you could have one mug as standard as part of your pack, but if you want to make more than 1 type of tea or coffee you'll need the thermos or another suitable container)

Thermos keeps beverage warm for six hours but adds .25kg to the weight of the beverage--totally behind this (actually thought of it yesterday as something I would like to see in game). Like "I'm always making tea when I am not ready to sleep and coffee when I am, it would be great if I could have warm coffee in the morning without having to start a new fire."

Additionally on a similar tangent, in another thread I saw a totally reasonable request for lasting embers (especially in pot-belly stoves, furnaces, wood stoves etc). It would be great to wake up in the morning to a burned out fire indoors and stoke it up simply by adding new kindling. Likewise, people in olden days in cooler climbs use to take rocks heated in the coals from the fireplace and put them in special containers (Bed Warmers) that they took to bed with them; until recently this was still popular in Japan, where many older people still fill hot water jugs (Yutanpo) to put at their feet in bed. Having an item like this that maintains warmth from a fire to help you get through a cold night outdoors would be useful. My guess is that they are probably still in use by some people in Northern Canada and Alaska--especially the more pioneer types; so it wouldn't be unreasonable to see them pop-up in game.

Archived