Option for more gore

CalNieDaGtarGuy

I appreciate what you're getting at, but I really don't feel the need.

If you're seeing gore (intestines, your stomach, etc) splayed out before you after a wolf or bear attack, then chances are that you'll be dead in minutes. There is no way that a player of TLD has the proper facilities to immediately patch such wounds up. Even if they did, it would be hard to do so...your hands would be shaking and you would feel faint as a result of blood loss, not to mention how rapidly you would lose internal body heat (seeing as your insides are now your outsides).

This brings up the question of whether or not the moose will attack the player...I've never experienced such an attack, but I hear an angry moose will gore you with their antlers before stomping the rest of your life out with their hooves.

I was only suggesting it when you're near death and it happens. And I thought of it more as an option than a permanent addition. Maybe your guts is a little too much to show, but a little more blood would be nice from my standpoint. It just seems like you would see a lot more blood in a real life situation if this happens. I know not everyone has a strong stomach, but it would add a kind of flare.

• 2 weeks later...

By gore do you mean simply more visceral (sorry for the pun) visual effects? or actual entrails?

I do like the idea of increasing the dramatic tension during a wolf or bear attack as well as other animal encounters. A moose for instance should pick you up and toss you around as you run away desperately! The bear should knock you down from behind as you flee futilely. Yes, increase the dramatic tension by all means! Entrails? well it's a real part of hunting and butchering so it has a place there. Why skirt around this issue? Children should see these things; where do they think their burgers and chicken drumsticks come from? I grew up on the farm and in rural areas so this was simply part of life. I would like to see the character also display more empathy for his kills such as saying sorry and better you than me buddy, or thank mon dieu for this precious supply of meat that will sustain me. More player speech should be easy to add.

Animations are good; this is part of game making and it is important. It is up to the developers to understand the costs and trade offs; that's not our concern. We have no way to guess at this and our assumptions are very likely wrong.

3 hours ago, SteveP said:

By gore do you mean simply more visceral (sorry for the pun) visual effects? or actual entrails?

I do like the idea of increasing the dramatic tension during a wolf or bear attack as well as other animal encounters. A moose for instance should pick you up and toss you around as you run away desperately! The bear should knock you down from behind as you flee futilely.

This'd be awesome!

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 9:41 AM, CalNieDaGtarGuy said:

Maybe if you are dying and you get mauled by a bear, the last thing you see is it ripping out your intestines. Ideas?

Maybe you would like to see it, but the bear attacks are unnerving enough, seeing as you're basically guaranteed to need to do some very rapid first aid and get to warm shelter immediately to avoid death if you survive. Though I couldn't say no to more realistic animal behaviors.

2 hours ago, Ape88 said:

Maybe you would like to see it, but the bear attacks are unnerving enough, seeing as you're basically guaranteed to need to do some very rapid first aid and get to warm shelter immediately to avoid death if you survive. Though I couldn't say no to more realistic animal behaviors.

When they theoretically rip out your entrails, it would only be if you're low enough health to be killed in the attack. At the very least I would like to see blood spattered on my screen, similar to that when rain  hits your screen in other games.

Archived