Wolf spawned in front of me

FatherFrost

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, same thing happened to me last night.  

TL;DR---> A wolf spawned within several yards in front of me, just like in the video above.

I had been trekking my way across the frozen expanse of Forlorn Muskeg all day long and I was within sight of the abandoned Homestead.  Darkness was approaching fast, so I decided to make camp there for the night.  As I march closer, I saw the distinctive silhouette of two wolves patrolling the right side of the shore. 

"No problem." I thought, "I'll just change course and head up the left side of the bank, since there are no wolves there."

As I confidently strolled over the dilapidated bog bridge and was just a few yards from the shore, a wolf suddenly burst forth from the snow bank, pouncing upon me with fury and zeal.  I managed to wrestle him off of me and he scurried away, tail between his legs.  Still, he got a few good bites into me and I had to use 2 bandages to keep myself from bleeding out.

10 minutes ago, Muk_Pile said:

Yep, same thing happened to me last night.

I haven't noticed this with wolves yet, but I see this kind of thing with the bear by Crystal Lake on TWM all of the time.  It seems to happen most when he is around the fishing hut.  I will see him and then run to the Mountaineer's Hut to grab something and then when I come back out I can't see him.  But I know he is still there, because I can still hear the birds going crazy like they do when a bear is around.  All I have to do is swing my view and look behind me, then turn back around and what do you know - there is the bear. 

This happens for me almost every single time the bear is around, since the last update I think.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived