Crows to eat

Vinceofpyrenees

I've never seen crows on player generated corpses like rabbits deer and wolves, just the ones that the game starts with. It would be nice feature if instead of circling around crows came down and started pecking freshly killed carcasses. Then you can shoot them from a distance and gather their meat and feathers. if you get close they fly away and leave you 1 feather. This could be  a good strategy harvest most of the meat and leave 1 kg for the crows than come back later and shoot them, for more meat and feathers.  Also since you'll be getting lot more feathers than you need for arrows we could use them in another crafting recipe like making feather insulated coats like Mont jackets which will need lot of feathers but protect better against windchill.

1 hour ago, vancopower said:

I've never seen crows on player generated corpses like rabbits deer and wolves, just the ones that the game starts with.

Yes, pre-existing carcasses... I kinda assumed that was a given. Those carcasses will despawn after being fully harvested too.

1 hour ago, vancopower said:

Also since you'll be getting lot more feathers than you need for arrows we could use them in another crafting recipe like making feather insulated coats like Mont jackets which will need lot of feathers but protect better against windchill.

Wrong kind of feathers from the wrong kind of bird.

Archived