temperature in red?

zParticle

I often see the temperature display in red rather than white, and I've been unable to suss its meaning.  I see the same negative temperatures show up in white sometimes and red other times.  This happens even with zero windchill, which is what I thought it was at first.

So what does it mean when the temperature number goes red?

Playing v.393 in Interloper, temps displayed in Celcius.

1 hour ago, zParticle said:

So what does it mean when the temperature number goes red?

It means you are below the 0 degree Celsius (32 degree Fahrenheit) threshold and your body is getting cold.  When is displays in white, you are above the threshold and your temperature bar will not decrease. 

11 minutes ago, zParticle said:

So what does it mean when the temperature is -29C and white?  That my clothing and warm drink are still protecting me?

The clothing you are wearing in always automatically factored into the Feels Like temperature. If you take a piece of clothing off and your Feels Like falls below the threshold, the temperature will show in red.  I have never seen it work any differently since they introduced the new clothing system.

I guess I haven't paid attention to it after having a warm drink, but that probably explains how you can see -29 in white.  You would have to be watching the temperature reading around the time your warm drink effect wears off to see if it changes color.

I just checked with Wiki page about Feels Like and they say that a warm drink adds 4 degrees Celsius to your Feels Like calculation.  If you are seeing -29 in white, you should maybe snap a screenshot and post it as a bug.

Archived