Is it possible to get 100% explored on Interloper?

panic4u

In my current run I have found 131 locations and am only at 79% explored with just Forlorn Muskeg remaining unexplored.

Anyone know what the number for the current 391 build total of Interloper locations is?

I now suspect all the burnt out buildings of Interloper will prevent me even achieving over 90% explored. If 100% is not possible, we can add this to the list of game metrics not tuned for the hardest difficulty.

5 hours ago, panic4u said:

I now suspect all the burnt out buildings of Interloper will prevent me even achieving over 90% explored. If 100% is not possible, we can add this to the list of game metrics not tuned for the hardest difficulty.

I'm somehow suspecting this as well, to be honest. The total number of all points of interests (100% explored) must be something around 160 or so if I'm not mistaken (rule of three). And for some reason I'm always lacking about 10% of the maximum pois in all of my Interloper games, no matter how hard I try to explore everything. 

I would totally understand everything could be fine if I were stuck at 98% and only lacked 3or 4 pois simply because I don't know them (or forget to visit them in the particular game), but 16? There's still something seriously wrong with the world exploration stats. And I bet it's that it doesn't subtract the burnt-down houses from the maximum number of pois.

Thanks for the answers. I feel better about failing at my latest personal challenge which was to get 100% explored after breaking Interloper with double bear skin coats on day 24. Pleasant Valley is quite pleasant when it feels like +11 C.

5 hours ago, SteelFire said:

Huh... it's based on points of interest? I always thought it was based on the map itself, like is typical for explorable games.

What's the difference?^^

For me, every location in TLD that gives you an exploration notice (and increases your locations explored stat) is automatically a "point of interest". I'm sorry if the term confused you or is usually used otherwise in other video games.

6 hours ago, Scyzara said:

What's the difference?^^

For me, every location in TLD that gives you an exploration notice (and increases your locations explored stat) is automatically a "point of interest". I'm sorry if the term confused you or is usually used otherwise in other video games.

The difference would be area (square miles or square feet of land), rather than location. There's a lot of map area that doesn't need to be crossed to get between various points of interest locations. What I'm used to is that to get 100% explored on a map, you not only need to go to the various named locations, but you also need to go to the rest of the area as well. Exploring the unnamed, off-the-beaten-path wilderness.

I'm a bit disappointed if it's really only based on named points of interest. That means a bunch of map area can be ignored and lowering risk.

• 2 weeks later...

Including Forlorn Muskeg, this time I've found 156 locations. The 95% completion indicates 165 locations exist and 9 that I've supposedly missed.

Before Forlorn Muskeg was added I could find 145 locations with the same 95% completion. This indicates 8 missing out of roughly 153.

I left Forlorn Muskeg until last and found 145 locations before venturing in there. This is the third time I've been to those same 145 locations. Strange that before Forlorn Muskeg was added I was missing 8 locations but now I'm missing 9. Maybe there is a location in Forlorn Muskeg that I haven't discovered yet.

locations.jpg

I've counted well over 150 sites.  I was missing 5 at one point and figured out which ones, but decided not to go back.  One was the Arch in the Crumbling Highway, another was Lookout in Mystery Lake, I missed one of the caves on Timberwolf and a Cave on Desolation Point, oh and Rockfall on Coastal Highway.  Guess which map is my favorite. :)

27 minutes ago, mystifeid said:

In Interloper?

No.  But if you are unable to get 100% because of burnt out cabins and houses in Interloper, then by default you are unable to get 100% in any difficulty that has burnt out houses and cabins.  The game where I counted what I was missing had burnt out buildings and I was able to identify the missing locations by going through my journal.  So, if burnt out buildings count the question is - has anyone gotten 100%?

1 hour ago, Jolan said:

No.  But if you are unable to get 100% because of burnt out cabins and houses in Interloper, then by default you are unable to get 100% in any difficulty that has burnt out houses and cabins.  The game where I counted what I was missing had burnt out buildings and I was able to identify the missing locations by going through my journal.  So, if burnt out buildings count the question is - has anyone gotten 100%?

Interloper has quite a few more burnt buildings and to my knowledge, no-one has ever attained 100% world exploration in this mode but you are welcome to try.

12 minutes ago, mystifeid said:

Interloper has quite a few more burnt buildings and to my knowledge, no-one has ever attained 100% world exploration in this mode but you are welcome to try.

I always figured it was due to the hideous and terrible deaths. :D

Ok, this has me puzzled.  I went back and looked at the stats of all of my current active survivors.  If the percentages are correct, then Survivor 97 has 175 locations to find.  Wren has 162.  Nightfall has 174.  Now I'm wondering if the difference is the various burnt out buildings or that the percent tracker is wonky.  This is going to be the game equivalant of an ear worm.  @panic4u this is all your fault. :D 

11 hours ago, Jolan said:

Ok, this has me puzzled.  I went back and looked at the stats of all of my current active survivors.  If the percentages are correct, then Survivor 97 has 175 locations to find.  Wren has 162.  Nightfall has 174.  Now I'm wondering if the difference is the various burnt out buildings or that the percent tracker is wonky.  This is going to be the game equivalant of an ear worm.  @panic4u this is all your fault. :D 

Journals from your previous save games will likely have wonky stats from the various random changes that have occurred. I still have wonky all-time stats in my journal from when they were first introduced. The most bothersome being something like my survivor averaging 7776 calories per day eh. The 4 Days of Dorkness event wrecked my journals and thus invited a quick merciless deletion of messed up day counts and forever afflicted with cabin fever games. And while Interloper difficulty was a fun challenging addition to TLD sand box gameplay, I am of the opinion that a lot of tuning was overlooked because only a small percentage of TLD players will ever enjoy it. But alas you are right, it is my fault that you now find fault with the faulty exploration stats. Interloper has ruined me and I would die of loot exposure if I was to play a lower difficulty to test my suspicions. So I come here and vent my dissatisfaction at an achievement denied. 

Ran experimental test subjects through the initial 10% of world found on interloper and found that there's a higher degree of agreement in # of locations found than on stalker.  On stalker runs throughs, there were times it didn't count lesser locations - as an example only counted 2 of 3 unburnt cabins.  Only did 4 runs so sample size is small.  which does it for my curiousity. :)  

Archived