Enable us to move our heads independent of our direction of travel

Nyarlathotep

In a game that pushes me to maintain situational awareness, i constantly crave the ability to hold down a shortcut key which lets me temporarily mouselook moving only my head [allowing me to trudge on forwards using the arrow keys]

Its certainly not a gamebreaker, but it would make the experience so much richer, tbh, atm, I'd even settle to just have 'q' and 'e' keys toggle the twisting of my head left/right as a bandaid solution.

I can definitely get behind the desire for a free-look mode, though this hasn't been an issue for me.

Personally, when I want to look around while walking in one direction, I just use multiple arrow keys to keep me moving in the original direction. It's just habit at this point, because I don't think I've played and FPS that had free-look. :shrug:

Yeah, thats what i currently do in TLD. edit: it makes me feel like i have a neck brace on though, lol

I have played ARMA series, and that is another game highly demanding of situational awareness [for different reasons] and in light of that, it just makes so much sense to me, to have it in TLD.

It opens up your perspective giving you an expanded feeling of space, and would make these beautiful environments they have spent so much time on, so much richer. 

I would like to play this game in VR, but I don't really have a problem looking around in any direction while maintaining my general movement direction by using a combination of movement keys. I do this automatically without even thinking about it.

1 hour ago, Kauffy said:

I would like to play this game in VR, but I don't really have a problem looking around in any direction while maintaining my general movement direction by using a combination of movement keys. I do this automatically without even thinking about it.

Any direction ?

Your 'general movement direction by using a combination of movement keys' will see you only strafe and walk forwards. And if you were referring to movement keys alongside mouse movement, your 'general movement direction by using a combination of movement keys' and mouse, will be a mere 180 degree turn at some point if you keep it up ;)

Archived