Affliction treatment screen suggestion

Nyarlathotep

When in the treatment affliction screen, suggested remedies are not as clear as they should be, especially the Rose hip and Reishi mushroom teas. Currently, the only way to differentiate between these 2 cups is the slight variance of colour, and if you don't know what you are looking at, the pictures are pretty useless.

My suggestion is to have some text which makes the 'suggested remedy' a little clearer.

Perhaps you're experiencing a bug or not able to place two-and-two, together?

Here's an example of Intestinal Parasites Infection that I added to the Wiki a few days ago. Intestinal Parasites Infection - Image of Afflictions Page

When it is time for your daily dose, it'll select the Antibiotic Pills by default - during this highlighted box, it, specifically, details "Antibiotics" as the description of the item. Then, selecting the box to the right also shows "Reishi Tea" as the description. Again, putting two-and-two, together, you can also infer from the pictures that clearly those pills to the left are Antibiotics, not Pain Pills.

With most Afflictions in-game, the case shows you "Pain Pills" or "Rose Hip Tea", together, to indicate that the two items are related.

10 hours ago, Deathdealers747 said:

Perhaps you're experiencing a bug or not able to place two-and-two, together?

Here's an example of Intestinal Parasites Infection that I added to the Wiki a few days ago. Intestinal Parasites Infection - Image of Afflictions Page

When it is time for your daily dose, it'll select the Antibiotic Pills by default - during this highlighted box, it, specifically, details "Antibiotics" as the description of the item. Then, selecting the box to the right also shows "Reishi Tea" as the description. Again, putting two-and-two, together, you can also infer from the pictures that clearly those pills to the left are Antibiotics, not Pain Pills.

With most Afflictions in-game, the case shows you "Pain Pills" or "Rose Hip Tea", together, to indicate that the two items are related.

Thanks for your concern, but i'm well able to "place two-and-two, together". I strongly suggest you read the OP properly before posting a response.

Just as a general reminder to everyone: Please try to stay calm and civil, even if something another user writes doesn't make sense to you at all.

As for the initial feedback:

I'm very sorry, but I don't understand what exactly confuses you. If you have an affliction and open the affliction screen, the game automatically selects the "correct" cup of tea for the respective affliction. If you have e.g. a sprained ankle, it will only give you the option to drink rosehip tea (red cup), but it will not suggest reishi tea (brown cup).

Vice versa, the same is true for parasites or food poisoning: In these cases the game will never suggest the red cup, but only the brown cup.

What exactly do you find confusing here? Or would you just generally like to have a detailed item description not only in the inventory, but also in the medical interface? Please clarify a little what exactly you find confusing.

Thanks Scyzara.

Unless you already have the required cup in your inventory, aside from the colour of the mug in the picture, no other information is given regarding the suggested cup your ailment requires.

As there is already a suggestion of alternate remedies in the form of a picture [regardless if you have them in your pack or not] why not just provide the name as well?

Personally, I know that red is Rose hip and brown is Reishi, but its only because i have been there and done that, and as far as a new player to the game may be concerned, it just seems to be a little strange to make only half the suggestion.

On ‎2017‎-‎01‎-‎28 at 5:58 AM, Nyarlathotep said:

Unless you already have the required cup in your inventory, aside from the colour of the mug in the picture, no other information is given regarding the suggested cup your ailment requires.

So, if I understand you correctly, you want something like a wiki in game to say what alternative remedies are available for ailments?

Well, alternative remedies are already suggested in the game as soon as you get an affliction, regardless of whether you have them in your inventory or not, but only in the form of a picture.

I'm unsure if its by design or just an oversight that it only suggests it as a picture. I try to imagine both sides of the picture in light of game design, and whilst i can see the latter is plausible, having it in by design just doesn't seem to add much value. I would think that if you were going to have it in by design, just leave the suggestion picture out all together, leave it up to people all by themselves to eat weird looking mushrooms and strange looking berries off tree's, just out of pure desperation.

At the moment its like: 'Hey, you sprained your ankle, perhaps go make yourself a nice warm drink in a red cup", or 'Look out, you have been bitten by a wolf, we suggest that you get yourself a warm drink in a brown cup' ;)

1 hour ago, cekivi said:

Ah... that's what you mean. I personally have never had that problem so I guess I didn't think of it.

Yeah, as i implied earlier, once you know, you just know whats what. Its more for people new to the game and not that familiar with red cup/brown cup contents.

On 28.1.2017 at 11:58 AM, Nyarlathotep said:

Thanks Scyzara.

As there is already a suggestion of alternate remedies in the form of a picture [regardless if you have them in your pack or not] why not just provide the name as well?

Ah okay, now I think I get it, thanks for the clarification.

I've just briefely added some writing to the wiki screenshot (sorry for the wrong font). Would something like this be more or less what you had in mind?

Intestinal_Parasites_Infection.jpg

Archived