Adding Onto MREs

Deathdealers747

So, in real life, you have to have water and boil it to make the MREs able to be... eaten. I'm just wondering why this was never implemented!? Requiring 0.07 Gal of Potable Water to "cook" an MRE (without the use of Fire) would seem more feasible to me, given that this is a survival game, and MREs provide up to 1750 Calories! 

Also, I think that MREs should come with little bonus items - just like they do in real life. The occasional gum, herbal tea, or coffee really would be a nice little surprise jack-in-the-box to get from finding an MRE!

I certainly wouldn't mind the option to add water and heat up an MRE, but it would be hard to implement just for the fact that there's more than just the entree to the MRE... which part are you eating once you heat it up, since you don't have to consume the whole meal at once?

That said, you most certainly do not have to heat up an MRE entree to be able to eat it. It most definitely makes most of them much more palatable and some even good... and some of them you really don't want to eat cold if at all possible, but some poor sucker ends up drawing the short straw at the bottom of the case.

1 hour ago, Rolandtigerfish said:

Would be nice to salvage the chem heater in it to boil non potable water. Did that before not vary tasty but it did the job

In a way, that's a great idea. I don't think I'd waste it for exactly that, but to heat up a cup of coffee or tea without having to start a full-blown fire; especially for a quick coffee or rose hip tea.

Archived