UI: Accessing Info from Other Panes

x0rz

--Allow First Aid related items to open the First Aid menu. 

--Make the icons for reishi, rose hip, and herbal tea more distinguishable. An idea would be an icon on the cup, or vastly different colored cups. Right now it's hard for me to tell what I need to collect from the First Aid menu.

--Allow fire related items in inventory to open the Start a Fire menu.

--Allow eating from the cook/fire menu. When I've just cooked something, it would be great to eat it right away.

--Show thirst/hunger status from food inventory menu. This would help me make decisions on whether I should eat that moldy beef jerky now or save it for when I'm really desperate. 

--When an animal has already been harvested by the player, make it appear different than one that hasn’t. I've had to leave behind rabbit carcasses with hides and just take the meat and guts, and when I come back to catch more rabbits I can't tell which are the fresh ones by looking. #CanadaApocalypseProblems

I'm really enjoying this game, so thanks for your hard work!

• 1 month later...
On 1/19/2017 at 3:36 AM, x0rz said:

Make the icons for reishi, rose hip, and herbal tea more distinguishable.

I recently started to play the game and couldn't tell them apart. Also, there are people out there who are color blind and need more than a different color to see a difference.

On 1/19/2017 at 3:36 AM, x0rz said:

Show thirst/hunger status from food inventory menu.

Same here, because when you eat meat, the only thing that you will see is the hunger bar as it has no effect on thirst. To check after eating if you also need to drink, you will have to leave the inventory, make your stats pane reappear and then drink something if necessary. Due to lack of space in the inventory interface, I don't see that they can be added to the inventory when you filter by food items.

There is a dedicated interface for Clothing and First Aid, but none for eating and drinking. A dedicated eating/drinking interface would allow to:
- add it to the radial menu. Maybe even by adding it instead of the Clothing entry?
- also show items that you can consume, but only appear in the First Aid section of your inventory.

Granted, you usually shouldn't waste health related items to merely increase your thirst/hunger bar. On the other hand, if you just can't find what you need, these could save your life. So, under these circumstances, forgetting that they also have an effect on the thirst/hunger bar, could be fatal mistake.

Archived