So I experienced a "Twilight Zone" type glitch the other day...

MetalMike144K

I was playing TLD last night at work since I work graveyard at a hotel and there's nothing to do. My laptop sucks and decided to take a dump in the middle of a relatively new game. This being my 6th or 7th run in the game after a few 50-60 day streaks in Stalker. Anyway, after my laptop rebooted I reloaded TLD and went to select my Sandbox game and my "Explored" percentage went from about 30% to 4%. I ignored that and just clicked it anyway. There it begins.

I noticed it loaded but I was in what appeared to be the sky, but blurry in the background like a menu selection screen. Then I fall into the snow but everything is still blurry. So I figure if I open a menu and go back then it would fix it and it did. After that I look around and half of the landscape is missing but the other half is there. All snow on one side and no mountains. But then I notice what looks like a crude version of the Trapper's Cabin on a rock mass with no real way to get up on it. It took a few moments to realized that I was stuck in the Home Menu Selection Screen version of the Trapper's Homestead. haha At this point I remembered I could use the X Box game DVR and turned it on. I uploaded it for all to see below. That will give you a better idea. This was the coolest and trippiest bug ever. ;) 

Working this late messes with your head so this really got me at first. It only got better after I entered the fake Trapper's Cabin and it teleported me to the Carter Hydro Dam in the middle of night in a new game. Enjoy. :D 

The other day, I loaded up a save game in FM and was somehow "stuck" below the surface of the map.  I walked off the "ledge" I was on and fell-- and when I landed, I was in ML, up a hill behind Clear Cut.  It was the absolute wackiest thing.  I really, really wish I had screenshotted it.

That is a very neat to see on video.  Last I heard of this happening was during the last test branch.  The fact that Fluffy is there to greet you is fantastic.

Hinterland should somehow turn this into an easter egg. 

I am thinking suffer food poisoning and sleeping a certain number of hours.  The player is then transported into this nightmare scene.

Archived