Wolf IN the lower dam??

VDC

Hello everybody!

Just a question, I dont' know if it's a bug a something new but I achieved a 'Nomad' challenge in the former version, and I started a new challenge 'Hopeless rescue' (in 7 days with the pistol) with the latest version (393). Everything was almost fine (except I had no knife, no pry-bar, no hatchet and no rifle - but still 21 cartridges!), until I took refuge in the lower dam and I've attack by a wolf IN the dam!!

Just take a look to the screenshot, I had no escape! So I died... :-/

Please help! Did it happen to you?!

TheLongDark 18_01_2017 01_52_53.png

That's the upper dam and it is Fluffy's domain when she spawns. If you can't fight her off, your escape route would have been going into the lower dam, through the door which is below that catwalk you're on in the screenshot. Fluffy can't follow you into the lower dam. You might have also been able to scare off Fluffy by waving around that torch in your hand... wouldn't have helped at the point you took the screen shot, but before the attack it could have.

1 minute ago, SteelFire said:

That's the upper dam and it is Fluffy's domain when she spawns. If you can't fight her off, your escape route would have been going into the lower dam, through the door which is below that catwalk you're on in the screenshot. Fluffy can't follow you into the lower dam. You might have also been able to scare off Fluffy by waving around that torch in your hand... wouldn't have helped at the point you took the screen shot, but before the attack it could have.

Oh, that's a good advice! Yes, I've been quite surprised then at this point it was a bit late... And you're right, this is the upper dam, my mistake!

Thanks you guys ;-)

I recently got surprised by Fluffy for the first time since I was a new player!  I was running supplies between PV and ML safehouses in a long-running save file, one where Fluffy hadn't originally spawned.  My thoughts were elsewhere as I passed Dead Frank at the top of the steps, walked into the big Upper Dam area, and realized my character's stomach growling had half-concealed a noise that usually sends me into red alert mode.  And I saw a black fuzzy butt disappear around one of those big tanks in there. 

I was one surprised sunuvabirch as I stood there slackjawed, gormlessly clicking off my lantern while Fluffers came over to say 'hi'. 

I had NEVER seen it respawn, or appear again once you had cleared out the dam.  My best guess is that the new patch reset a couple values, including the existence of Fluffy.  At least I hit Cooking 5 using a recently ex-Fluffy, and was able to safely eat as much as I wanted.  :D

Ah, welcome back Fluffy, the dam(n) wolf. I missed her, and am glad shes back, a few days ago I was looting the dam and I heard a howl, followed by ones outside. Which surprised me because It was the first time I heard her howl!

For over two years ive wondered, who named fluffy? I suppose my only asnwer is it fits because shes like a guard dog to all the loot in there. (And most guard dogs in cartoons are called "fluffy")

It always brings joy to me when I see a new post on the forums of a new player trying to confirm its not a bug, takes me back.

Archived