a natural stimulant in addition to coffee?

farce713

i dont know much about the flora of canada but would it be possible to add some plants that one could brew up to some tea that works against fatigue?

i know of some plants that do this without coffeine for example: 

peppermint <could grow in northern america

cinnamon <could not be implemented as natural ressource, maybe as loot? cinnamon tea?

cayenne <could not be implemented as natural ressource, maybe as loot? dryed cayenne?

ginkgo <ginkgo tree could grow in northern america

licorice root < This fatigue-fighting herb helps rebuild damaged adrenals and reduces cravings for sweets and caffeine which cause a energy crash after an initial rush. The glycyrrhizin contained in licorice root enhances the body’s cortisol activity increasing energy and reducing fatigue.

8 hours ago, Kabal said:

I think some of the sodas in the game should give a caffeine boost like coffee.

Whilst I would not be upset if the devs included a caffeinated cola, all the sodas in game are flavors that typically do not contain caffeine. Personally though I'd like to see black tea. If implemented, it would give less of a caffeine boost, but might be more plentiful than coffee. Then again, I live in Washington, USA, so I don't really know whether Canadians are big coffee drinkers or more into tea.

57 minutes ago, Ape88 said:

Whilst I would not be upset if the devs included a caffeinated cola, all the sodas in game are flavors that typically do not contain caffeine. Personally though I'd like to see black tea. If implemented, it would give less of a caffeine boost, but might be more plentiful than coffee. Then again, I live in Washington, USA, so I don't really know whether Canadians are big coffee drinkers or more into tea.

Agreed, the sodas aren't the typical caffeinated kind and we don't need something that rivals coffee. It might be nice if the sodas provided a lesser benefit for a shorter time due to the sugar content though.

the reason behind this idea whas the lack of an natural stimulant, something you can pick up in nature..

i mean because the coffee you get as loot may not last forever.

(edit: especially if you like to drink that much coffe like i do ;) )

but i dont like the idea of giving soda coffeine, that would mean you cannot drink soda in the evening anymore because of the sleeping nerf.

then it would be better if it would be a completely new item that you can collect somehow.

i like the idea of black tea though.

It's a matter of balance and game mechanics. If you notice, the things we have natural alternatives for are things that are essential for survival. Anything that's not absolutely essential is something that you have to manage as a finite, irreplaceable asset. We don't need coffee, it's a bonus item, so you need to manage it accordingly. Keep in mind, if something like black tea was added, then that would just be part of the loot table with potential coffee spawns, meaning you'd simply offset one of those spawns rather than there suddenly being a lot more caffeine available in the world.

On 18.1.2017 at 6:31 PM, SteelFire said:

It's a matter of balance and game mechanics. If you notice, the things we have natural alternatives for are things that are essential for survival. Anything that's not absolutely essential is something that you have to manage as a finite, irreplaceable asset. We don't need coffee, it's a bonus item, so you need to manage it accordingly. Keep in mind, if something like black tea was added, then that would just be part of the loot table with potential coffee spawns, meaning you'd simply offset one of those spawns rather than there suddenly being a lot more caffeine available in the world.

yeah you are absolutely right with that.

its the coffeine addict in me that still wants more ;)

I know you said natural, but imagine you found a small bag of crack cocaine or meth at Skeeter's Ridge Point of Disagreement

Once NPCs are added maybe you find one who is a recovering addict but has a nice stash of supplies... could be the first of the 'moral choices' dilemmas

Archived