Does Fluffy respawn after being killed?

Ape88

Okay, good to know, because I she died after attacking me 3 times.. the last two times were whilst I was waitng for her to die and watched as she ran around the turbine room. Luckily my survivor already had very good strong clothing that could take the brunt of the attacks.

• 2 weeks later...

As a wimp, I generally play pilgrim, but today I loaded up an old voyager sandbox.  So anyhow I'm in the dam and I know damned well that I had killed Fluffy, skinned her and eaten her. In fact I was still at risk for internal parasites after that.  So imagine the WTF moment when I turn around from the fire barrel and see her coming at me, so the usual struggle ensues and I'm down to 20%, apply first aid, and consider getting out of Dodge until she bleeds out.  I take one step towards the stairwell back up to the top level, and boom, she's on top of me again. Only had to hit her twice to kill her, but now I'm down to 8%...  Ah well at least I've got a few steaks and another pelt.

You want weird...oh man I've had this happen twice.

Go in the the Dam with a knife...thankfully find no Fluffy...go out. Take care of things in the Winding River. Grab some cat tails and what-not go back in and...FLUFFY!

Sometimes there's a week or so between it...and I return to find Fluffy.

I even experienced all of the sound associated with Fluffy...and been petrified silly...only to have no actual Fluffy.

• 3 months later...

Not 100% because I've been away from The Long Dark a while, but I'm pretty sure I've got rid of here already and now she's back again. Could indeed be due to one of the updates in between my last visit at the dam and now.

Well, guess I have to get her once more …

Archived