Introduction/Ideas/Questions

FO4Builder

Hey Folks,

First of all hi guys, Im FO4Builder hailing from the UK and new member to forums and new player to TLD. As you can guess by my name I love Fallout 4 and also have a youtube channel for the game. I found TLD via a 1 hour free trial on XBox Live and have never reached for my wallet so fast for any game in my entire life. To find out it was only £15.99 was pure madness I would happily pay more for TLD. Its without a doubt the best survival game I have ever played and the realism/immersion of it is just outstanding not to mention the artwork.

I have been playing Interloper since I bought the game and its kicking my ass and I LOVE IT!

I have some suggestions and thoughts and im trying to keep them all in essence with the realism of TLD and I am aware we are in Alpha.

Suggestions - Possibly already mentioned

1. Hay Bails like in PV can be harvested for hay to use as tinder and insulation for clothing/makeshift bed roll.
  2. Lantern can be used to make fire (if im surviving the ice cold wild im sure I would find a way to get that flame out of the lantern and onto tinder)

3. It would never take me 27 minutes to rip up a cardboard box to make into kindling.

4. If i dont have a hatchet that wont stop me picking up a rock to smash an ice fishing hole

5. Some cabins have glowing windows of a night time (Im not sure what thats about)

6. Anything made of wood should have the option to harvest it for fire fuel

7. Cars/Vans - Harvest seat covers (for makeshift clothing) Wire (Cordage) Gas (For Fires/Lamps) Glass (Makeshift knife)

8. Ability to mark your way/path perhaps with ribbon/colored wire from cars/carving into a tree ect.

9. More Variety in animal/plantlife (probably already planned)

10. When I fire dies out especially in an oven the embers should last for X amount of time so you just add fuel and tinder to restart it without ignition source

11. If im out of water and dehydrating you can bet your life im going to try and get some water from a waterfall.

Well as for ideas thats what I have from my limited play time within the TLD world, If you disagree with any of the above I would like you to say why rather than just a flat out no :)

Questions

1. When looking for a base camp what do you look for/suggest?
  2. When storing raw food does keeping it outside extend its life?
  3. When you have played for 12 hours and your wife/girlfriend is moaning at you, whats the best way to get more play time?

Haha well thats it for now folks, thanks for reading this far and thank you Hinterland for the best game I have ever played in my entire life...LITERALLY 

Yes to all your suggestions!

As for the questions:

1. If you're playing Interloper, I tend to find that trying to stay at one single 'base camp' is a good way of dying rather fast. There just aren't enough resources around in any one place to make it work (in the early game, at least). If you're playing one of the other modes, then anywhere that's above 0°C inside and has a bed is fine; if has a stove, even better; and a workbench nearby is also good. Oh, and you don't want a place with too many wolves and bears hanging around too often - they tend to get in the way a bit.

2. Storing raw and cooked food outside extends its life, yes. By a lot.

3. Tell her you slept with her sister?

Archived