Game Crash Issues

So, I've been having an issue when playing, involvong the game seizing up and the screen going black (audio will still play). The only way I can fix this is by Alt+F4, which is fetting quite annoying as I've had to re-loot Carter Hydro Dam a few times over.

May it have something to do with the fact that I had to download files from the Steam cloud when reinstalling the game? I was notified that the local files and the files on the cloud were not the same.

In addition, the first one or two times I open up a container to store things in a session cause the game to freeze for about 10 seconds.

• 1 month later...

I am reposting this here. Originally posted in the MAC/PC, Game Crashes forum.

2010 MacBook having similar issue just recently. Have been playing TLD for about 6 months with few issues. Love it.

Current problem arrives when transitioning out of whatever building I first spawn in. Also happened when accessing the locker in the Trappers Cabin. Game freezes and all computer functions are unresponsive necessitating are hard reboot. 

Recently updated everything. OS and Steam files. Uninstalled game/reinstalled. Validated Steam files. I even tried editing the launch options to run the DX9. No help. Game is unplayable now. 

Please help. And please continue to make this game great! It's absolutely one of the best!

a1maxmad

Player.log

On 11/14/2016 at 11:02 PM, Patches said:

Whenever I try to go outside the game crashes at the loading screen. I've had this happen when loading old games and starting new games. What information can I provide to make this problem easier to diagnose?

Archived