How to know the controls

EricTheGreat12

An issue I had the first time I played the gme is that I had no idea what the controls were. Of course I know that the standard keys in most video games are the ASWD, but it was not obvious to me that this game was following the same format; another issue was that I was clueless as to how to open the backpack overlay. Perhaps an overlay when we first play the game, telling what the movement buttons are and what button opens the backpack overlay. 

11 minutes ago, farce713 said:

you can always see under -options -key bindings which keys the game use.

i check that everytime i start a new game in case i want to change anything..

Yes, that was what I did do after I screwed up my first playthrough. But yet again, I had an issue when I looked at controls and saw an xbox controller instead. It could just be me; after all, I'm used to the typical mouse dragging like in Total war games

There aren't actually all that many key-bound controls in TLD compared with other games, I don't think. Most actions can be done in the inventory menus using the mouse only. 

What continues to catch me out, though, even after hundreds of hours played, is left/right mouse buttons for brandishing/dropping light sources. I literally couldn't tell you off the top of my head which way round it is for which item.

On 2017-01-15 at 2:20 PM, Pillock said:

What continues to catch me out, though, even after hundreds of hours played, is left/right mouse buttons for brandishing/dropping light sources. I literally couldn't tell you off the top of my head which way round it is for which item.

Ditto. I still sometimes drop a torch at a really inopportune time... ¬¬

Archived