24fps 'cinematic' mode

floatingatoll

Please consider offering a 24fps 'cinematic' frame rate cap. It would provide a nicer way to see the game as it's truly meant to be seen for some of us who can't otherwise play it at those settings.

When I dial up the graphics settings on my pathetic Iris Pro 6200, I get wildly inconsistent frame rates in exchange for a gorgeous environment. It'd be super nice if I could lock it down to 24fps so that everything has that immersive effect that I'm accustomed to from classic 24fps cinema, and also prevent my frame rate fluctuating +/- 10-20 fps.

This is also something I've been testing out on games that *can* run at 60fps on my integrated GPU, and in at least one case I've left it enabled because I enjoy the effect it creates.

(It's not your fault that the frame rate on my GPU is horrible - this integrated graphics chip simply can't handle high-detail textures, and everything gets worse from there.)

• 3 weeks later...

24fps cinema looks the way it does not only because of the frame rate but also motion blur, so they would need to add that as an option too, but it's also quite demanding on the processor. I think in my graphics card settings (AMD) there is an option somewhere to limit the frame rate, as I set mine to not go above 50.

2 hours ago, Samski said:

DirectX9 just let the game looks a little like old version with some less graphical effects.

When you start it directly from the folder without Steam your save game won't be saved at steam.

But you can play as usual.

Unity (the game engine used by TLD) lets you start in dx9 mode with a switch you can set in the launch options of a steam game - see:

I have a last gen high end rig (Core i7 5960x and 980Ti) and on Ultra I get a sub 30fps experience when I step outside, so believe it or not I bring it down to Low since my fps shoots up to 60+. Really though I feel more productive when I perceive my character as moving and doing work faster.  

Archived