Food system

Samski

Hello,

I think it would be nice if you eat some fat meat from bear for example, then you need a hot drink or some boose.

BTW, why not add some boose to the game?

It would me like medicin. When it´s too cold, drink some, when you´ve some insuries drink some, when you´ve cabin fever - drink some too, and it´s get´s better.

Also it woud be nice for using whiskey as drink and as fire starter.

Just now, Timber Wolf said:

Greetings @Samski!  I wouldn't mind finding a bottle of whiskey that could be used for different purposes.

Drinking alcohol only makes you feel warmer, it doesn't actually warm your body in any way. :)

Like the EPI pen, it doesn´t heal you, but make you feel better. The game is about the "feel temp", so why not?

Just now, Samski said:

The game is about the "feel temp", so why not?

I understand where you are coming from, and as a life long Minnesotan I know all about drinking to feel warmer. :P

However, in a survival situation you really wouldn't want to drink in order to feel warmer, because you would be putting yourself at greater risk since you wouldn't be able to feel how cold you were actually getting. 

1 hour ago, Samski said:

It would me like medicin. When it´s too cold, drink some, when you´ve some insuries drink some, when you´ve cabin fever - drink some too, and it´s get´s better.

All of that is a really terrible idea to do in a survival situation. It's already been pointed out why it's bad to use to 'feel' warmer. Drinking to soother the pain of injuries is also bad because it creates a false sense of being able to do things you shouldn't, meaning you're likely to further injure yourself. As for cabin fever, nope, alcohol is a depressant, which is exactly what you don't want to use to combat cabin fever.

As a firestarter, sure, it can help, but you'll need a lot more than the other accelerants we have in the game. Alcohol burns off far quicker and at a much lower temperature, which is the exact reason it makes for a good fuel additive in gasoline.

2 hours ago, Samski said:

Like the EPI pen, it doesn´t heal you, but make you feel better. The game is about the "feel temp", so why not?

O.o That... that is a terrible comparison. Alcohol gives you a completely false sense of feeling warmer or healthier. An Epi-pen is for countering life-threatening anaphylactic shock. it literally saves someone's life by countering the allergic reaction while they get to better medical care. It doesn't make someone simply feel better, it physically makes them better.

Having alcohol in the game could have some useful implementations.

Being used as a fire accelerant and a disinfectant (lower quality depending on %). 

Negatives: Intoxication if drunk, false readings in the tab screen (feels warmer but real temperature much lower), increased dehydration and hunger and in larger quantities poisoning (hangover).

Sadly I believe having alcohol in a game would create problems with "age restrictions" in many countries. So I doubt it will be implemented. (Someone could make a mod for it though)

Hello, I didn´t though about the age restriction. But I think the bush pilot would use some whiskey as fuel.
Or for example alcohol would be like herbal tee (the ingame effect of sleeping better).

And what´s about drinking some hot stuff after you eat meat?

Archived