Story Mode Questions

JimmyPL56

Forgive me if Hinterland already answered these, but when story mode releases:

1. Will the cut scenes with your character vary on your current clothing (like GTA)?

2. Will there be an option to view your character in 3rd person (like Skyrim)?

3. Will the hand mechanic  (flare, lantern, etc) vary based on the gloves you are wearing?

I hope the answer is yes to all of these questions, as it would add to the already amazing immersion factor of this game! 

Searching through old posts is hard, I know.  Last official word I recall came soon after the hands appeared and the complaints started rolling in.  Read something like: we accomplished everything we intended with this animation and see no need for further refinement.  

So what you see is not a placeholder for something better to come.  It is it.  And maybe those hands will appear for other interactions.  But the sense I got was their development was finished.

3 hours ago, JimmyPL56 said:

Forgive me if Hinterland already answered these, but when story mode releases:

1. Will the cut scenes with your character vary on your current clothing (like GTA)?

2. Will there be an option to view your character in 3rd person (like Skyrim)?

3. Will the hand mechanic  (flare, lantern, etc) vary based on the gloves you are wearing?

I hope the answer is yes to all of these questions, as it would add to the already amazing immersion factor of this game! 

1. The best info on what we're planning in terms of Story Mode cinematics can be found here in our recent progress update: http://hinterlandgames.com/story-mode-progress-december/ We'd like to keep some of what we're doing a surprise, naturally. 

2. Although it's been requested from time to time, I don't know of any plans to implement something like Skyrim's 3rd person view (or 3rd person at all, really. First Person Presence is a key part of the experience).

3. Our work on First Person Presence is on-going, and we're definitely aware of the current difference between your clothing model and the hands as they are used when holding light sources, for example. 

I hope this gives you at least some context for your questions and where we are with the game. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2017 at 10:51 PM, Patrick Carlson said:

2. Although it's been requested from time to time, I don't know of any plans to implement something like Skyrim's 3rd person view (or 3rd person at all, really. First Person Presence is a key part of the experience).

I actually wouldn't want it any other way however... do you know if there are any plans for a mirror / reflection areas ? When I am the only survivor out there I need a mirror to see the face of mankind :)

Archived