Mirror

Vinceofpyrenees

the Mirror item :

- 1 Mirror + 2 cloth = 1 improvised weapon (cannot cut for harvesting but used simply as a primary weapon

- Hand holded,  a mirror to see the character's face ! We could see his breath, even if his face would inert of expression (like a 3d paperdoll) it could be really cool.

It could be difficult to reflect the ambiant environement, but could be used for reflecting the face ?

So with a simple view of the face (face changed according clothes : caps, scarf), and generic background screen ? Maybe with red nose and cheeks when cold, and black when he has a head frosbite ?

Devs, is could be on the roadmap of first person view immersion ?

I also wondering when glooves will be appearing on the first person view of hands. And also if frozen (frosbite) body part of dark skin could be visible on the paperdoll  ?

Mirrors are notoriously difficult elements to include in video games: Link

While it would certainly be cool from an immersion POV, I can't imagine that the effort would be worth it. Mirrors are almost certainly not anywhere on Hinterland's radar. Far more likely that they will just improve the paperdoll and first-person arms to give you an idea of what your survivor looks like/is wearing.

A mirror makes a handy survival tool when it comes to attracting the attention of others, but there isn't currently others to attract attention to as of yet. Could perhaps help with starting fires, similarly to a magnifying glass, but the magnifying glass already does this, so it would feel redundant to include both unless the mirror has another really good use - and somehow I don't think a weapon is what they would have in mind for a really good reason. I do agree that mirrors in the game that show what you look like would be a nice visual touch, but I was thinking more along the lines of bathroom mirrors and dress mirrors doing that.

Good brainstorming anyway!

Archived