The Long Dark -- Hotfixed to v.393

Admin

Hello,

We've hotfixed The Long Dark to v.393 on Steam and v.394 on Xbox One to address the following bugs:

* Fixed issue where Arrows would disappear upon save or scene transition.

*Fixed issue affecting blizzard sound effect audio [Xbox One Only]

###END OF CHANGELIST###

I finally created 10 arrows (first time) yesterday. I went out and shot them a bit, walked into my house, and they were all gone. I damn near cried. Then 3 more disappeared on me later, after I had tracked down more parts. Again, almost cried. Thank you for the fix. Great to see a dev move that fast on an issue for their players. Great job! 

1 minute ago, Brunscheon said:

I finally created 10 arrows (first time) yesterday. I went out and shot them a bit, walked into my house, and they were all gone. I damn near cried. Then 3 more disappeared on me later, after I had tracked down more parts. Again, almost cried. Thank you for the fix. Great to see a dev move that fast on an issue for their players. Great job! 

We were glad to be able to get the fix out relatively quick -- those arrows are precious! Thanks for your understanding.

1 hour ago, Patrick Carlson said:

We were glad to be able to get the fix out relatively quick -- those arrows are precious! Thanks for your understanding.

Thank you for the quick response! I'm assuming our lost arrows won't be retrievable? I literally just crafted my arrows when .392 was implemented...just my luck lol.

I Have crafted 27 arrows today, left 25 of them at home, when i came back all 25 were gone. Only the 2 arrows that were in my inventory have not disappeared. Now I will have to go to desolation point once again for the arrow heads then again I have no birch trees left, which sucks. There goes my interloper with 220 days of survival.

By the way, because I have maxed some of my skills to level 5 (master) I am not able to read those type of books. Then again I need to read a few more books in order to complete the book achievement or something (to get +10% from reading each book). So basically I have books but it does not matter, I have to start a new game in order to add points to the achievement. 

Some times finding some texture problems in the Coastal Highway on the Jack Rabbit Island

And a bit more... If you put items inside the cabinet at the Ice fishing hut (Coastal Highway) They will disappear. That is you put them in and are not able to take them out, the cabinet eats them. At least it did it to some of my items.

I had a snow shelter that decayed up till a point when it got destroyed. So while being destroyed I was not able to neither tear it apart, nor remove it in any other ways. So the buggy shelter was living on its own for another roughly 50 days and only then disappeared. 

It is also disappointing when you reach level 3 cooking and are still offered to open cans with a knife. I did it accidentally and worn down my knife by 3%, which was not necessary. It was totally my fault But if i would not be able to do so I would be I would have saved my knife. Game gets intense and there is not much time to think about things like that.

Has anyone tried to poison wolves? Works in a very funny way. When you give a wolf destroyed fish or meat, the wolf gets sad and starts walking away Ignoring you even if you are nearby.

When is it going to be possible to find lanterns on the Interloper game mode (or at least craft them)? I have probably 10 litre of oil which i basically do not need. To get through a cave I need to use a match and a torch. 1 Match could save my life up to another 7-10 days.

Is the crowbar going to stay unrepairable?

Sorry for writing in a wrong topic.

"When is it going to be possible to find lanterns on the Interloper game mode (or at least craft them)? I have probably 10 litre of oil which i basically do not need. To get through a cave I need to use a match and a torch. 1 Match could save my life up to another 7-10 days. "

I am in 27 days in Interloper and find 2 lanterns. One was inside Coastal highways abonded mine, and second in Mystery lakes forestry lookout.

3 hours ago, skaitlotaajs said:

"When is it going to be possible to find lanterns on the Interloper game mode (or at least craft them)? I have probably 10 litre of oil which i basically do not need. To get through a cave I need to use a match and a torch. 1 Match could save my life up to another 7-10 days. "

I am in 27 days in Interloper and find 2 lanterns. One was inside Coastal highways abonded mine, and second in Mystery lakes forestry lookout.

Thank you, I will try to find them ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived