V.389 Gaining of random weight after equipping rifle

Name62

I've noticed this a few times now that I've gotten a rifle but put it off as just me not remembering what I picked up before the bug would occur. 

I've taken the liberty of recording the bug in action for your viewing pleasure here\/

https://account.xbox.com/gameclip/72146bd4-38a7-4ee3-909c-0e10b6119846?gamertag=NAME62&scid=b23b0100-842a-4be2-8c91-ca122924ec89

I've noticed that it usually only happens once you have had your weapon stored for longer then 10 hours of sleep or in most cases after a load in. This weight is usually in the form of a item being duplicated at random, sometime cloths, sometimes food & sometimes it's nothing at all and the weight is just there for no reason that I can spot. The weight doesn't disappear when I put the rifle away, only when I break/eat/use the item it spawned like a picked up item to loose said weight.

perhaps the weight of the 10 rounds is being moved from the bullets item to the gun since it is loaded? sorta like if you add fuel to the lamp, it should drop the weight of your over all fuel but add to the weight of the lamp itself, gradually decreasing as you burn it. at least I think that is what is supposed to happen.

3 hours ago, AZHockeyNut said:

perhaps the weight of the 10 rounds is being moved from the bullets item to the gun since it is loaded? sorta like if you add fuel to the lamp, it should drop the weight of your over all fuel but add to the weight of the lamp itself, gradually decreasing as you burn it. at least I think that is what is supposed to happen.

If it was that why would it increase the weight over all? The bullets are still in the gun when you put it away so the weight shouldn't go up even if the bullets are being moved to said rifle. And the weight stays there adding up until you sleep or save/reload again, making your rifle like a penalty weapon for even taking it out. 

1 hour ago, AZHockeyNut said:

@Name62 at the end of the shot it showed the rifle at 4.20 kg if I recall...which was what I looked at and would make sense since it had 10 bullets and the rifle unloaded is 4kg. I did not look at much else.

Just noticed that as well, maybe it's a bug when the ammo moves from storage to the rifle then since it's exactly 0.20kg that's gained in weight so it's not registering that the ammo was moved to the rifle and that's why I gain the extra weight until I sleep/re-load in the game. Shouldn't be doing that though, since it's just the same weight your already holding just put in a rifle. That's like holding a piece of food in your pocket and taking it out to eat it & it gains 0.20kg lol

yeah there are a lot of little nuances like that, some have been fixed.. .like ya break down some clothing into cloth but don't drop all the weight, you combine beard and bandage and same ... or you break cloth into multiple bandage and gain weight. The weight is a balancing thing. an imperfect system but still a work in progress. by and large a small increase should not be a bad thing for you as a whole, but, it is odd when it does not make sense.

Archived