Well this is awkward.

Captain Obvious

So I just trekked all the way from TWM to the Riken at DP in order to make some arrowheads and tools. Just got there with loads of coal, scrap metal etc., although much of my journey was slow as I was encumbered. The journey took several days.

Anyways I just noticed I left my heavy hammer at PV farmstead...

4 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

I can feel your pain -  couple of times I have trekked up TWM to cargo containers and totally forgot to bring along a hacksaw.

If you are playing Interloper, you can probably go back to CH and find one.  If not, you should be able to find one in DP somewhere.

Haha, yes I'm going to have a look around DP and keep my fingers crossed for one. This is actually happening on my 125 day voyageur run, so I think my chances to find a hammer should be reasonable. Otherwise I might just cry :(

(especially as I'm currently experiencing that arrows-disappearing-from-backpack glitch, so I'm almost defenceless against wolves for the moment)

5 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

So I just trekked all the way from TWM to the Riken at DP in order to make some arrowheads and tools. Just got there with loads of coal, scrap metal etc., although much of my journey was slow as I was encumbered. The journey took several days.

I remember very well when I was in elementary school, one day I was running down a corridor because I had forgotten something somewhere (I think I left a book in the changing room of the gym). My teacher (a lady) came down the corridor from the other side and called out to me, "whatever your brain lacks, you will compensate for it with your legs!"

That has become the motto of my life since then.

13 minutes ago, Hotzn said:

I remember very well when I was in elementary school, one day I was running down a corridor because I had forgotten something somewhere (I think I left a book in the changing room of the gym). My teacher (a lady) came down the corridor from the other side and called out to me, "whatever your brain lacks, you will compensate for it with your legs!"

She certainly sounds like a wise woman. ;) 

4 hours ago, Hotzn said:

Hahaha! As a distance runner (or so I'm told) I can very much relate to this :/

Been there, done that. We all probably have. Forgot a hammer back in PV once myself. Have forgotten to bring a crowbar when I was going someplace I knew had lockers. Forgot a hacksaw for TWM containers. Yup. A few times I've gotten lucky enough and remembered I forgot a key item before I got all the way to my destination, but it's still usually enough to push my expedition back a day.

On 13/01/2017 at 0:43 PM, cowboymrh said:

A yes.... reminds me of the time I found all kinds of warm clothes in the summit containers on Timberwolf Mountain! Froze my butt off all the way to Pleasant Valley before I realized I forgot to "put on" all those warm clothes!!

I have done this kind of thing so many times it's ridiculous!! :D

Archived