Characters, equipment.

Monkeyzombies

I know in sandbox the idea is you against the world kinda feel but it would be nice to run into other (living) survivors. 

Being able to trade or work together? (Would work more so like a online multiplayer but with very few players per map) even on sandbox it would be nice to see a living face once in a blue moon instead of lifeless bodies. How it hurts moral seeing so many dead people:( 

Increasing size of bag. Finding bigger backpacks.

I don't know if the car batteries do anything just yet but everytime I open the hood I'm hopeful. 

A map of explored areas would be cool too. 

I know from reading a lot of other posts about wishlists it's kind of asking a lot from a sandbox but I feel like even sandbox needs to expand a little more especially since story mode is coming and will be different.

sandbox is amazing and I don't want to see it lose its luster after story comes.

• 2 years later...

So getting the game from single player to multiplayer is a lot of work - character animations would have to be introduced (which would definitely hurt the realism of the game unless is done very well), animals AI would have to be improved, map inter-connectivity changed. However most importantly, this has been done by other (survival) games and so the introduction of multiplayer just wouldn't be worth the development cost.. not beyond The Long Dark 2 scope I'm sure though :)

On 12. 1. 2017 at 8:09 AM, Monkeyzombies said:

Increasing size of bag. Finding bigger backpacks.

A map of explored areas would be cool too.

If you are well fed (not starving) for a few days, you get +5kg bonus to carry weight. You can make and wear a bag from moose hide, then you have +5kg bonus to carry weight. Adds to well fed bonus for a total of +10kg.

Use the charcoal from fires to draw your surroundings on map.

I'm not in favor of increasing the carry weight beyond the +10kg buffs the player can already get.  You can also opt to overburden yourself and it will just slow down your movement speed gradually.  Part of the survival aspect of the game comes from having to make hard choices about what you take with you and what you leave behind because you simply can't carry it all.

I think the only way TLD could work in a multiplayer setting is as a 2 person co-op where if one person dies it's game over (or just permadeath and the other player can continue to play that map normally). The point of the game isn't finding other folks and trading with them, this game isn't Rust or any other game of that nature and it never should be.

Archived