randomly losing arrows from my backpack .392

tuvia23

I have encountered this too.

I shot an arrow into an barn, just for fun. Then i picked it up again (i had 4 arrows before shooting). I went into trappers do some stuff and noticed, i only have 3 arrows left. So i went back to the barn outside trappers and looked for my arrow (maybe i just didnt pick it up again). But there was no arrow sticking in the barn wall.

Ok i tried shooting one more into the barn, and pick it up again. Funny thing now is, i have again 3 arrows in my inventory, but if i equip the bow, the interface only shows 1 spare arrow, but it should show 2 spares if i have 3 in my inventory...

Also i noticed a few ingame-days earlier i set up 3 snares and the day after when i wanted to check them, only 2 snares were still there. 1 snare just vanished too like the arrow

@update lol while i was typing this message i switched from the game (paused) to windows. After posting and switching back to the game again the 3rd arrow from my second try (had 68% left) is now vanished too, only 2 100% arrows left :D

@update2 Another strange thing in my stalker savegame (13x days, started half a year ago or something) all my Rifles are missing in my stash houses. I was pretty sure of at least 2 in one of my stash houses, i know that because i use the Journal to list my stash houses and what they contain. But both rifles are just gone and i didnt find another one yet in complete CH or ML O.o

@update3 found some errors in the output_log.txt i´ll attach it to this post

output_log.txt

Just came here to report this.

Had 5 arrows in my inventory, 4 simple and 1 broken. There was also a 6th arrow that I had just fired into a wolf. I know these were all there as I counted them.

Loaded my game and I now have 3 arrows in my inventory (2 simple and 1 broken) and the arrow in the wolf is also gone.

Can I have my arrows back please?

I lost 5 arrows after (because of??) the update.
Currently in Mystery Lake area. loaded the game, had 5 arrows, same as when I last shut down the game.
Shot 4 arrows at a deer (missed all 4) recovered all 4.
Shot one arrow at a charging wolf (missed) recovered it.
entered the Camp Office (current base camp) got food, repaired boots, made 2 mossy bandages, dropped firewood and left.
got outside and discovered I only had one arrow. went back into the office and looked in every container I opened thinking I may have accidentally stored them (i did not).
go out side, fire arrow into snow, recover. fire arrow into snow, recover. enter camp office, arrow disappears.
arrow heads are arguably the most valuable thing in the game.

Please fix.

If uploading and logs would be helpful, please let me know and I'll do so.

On 1/12/2017 at 3:57 PM, JimmyPL56 said:

I disagree after the addition of the FM forge. I think feathers are the hardest because you need 3 per arrow.

if you harvest an arrow before it breaks, you get all three feathers back.
Also I believer feathers respawn in you leave a map for a long time.

I didn't want to continue because it was off-topic, but may as well finalise it here.

1) Feathers respawn, scrap metal is abundant.

2) Harvesting a broken arrow returns the arrow head and 2 feathers, which means subsequent arrows crafted with the recycled arrow head only cost 1 feather + shaft. Arrow heads are never consumed.

3) Birch does not respawn, this is the limiting factor in your arrow supply.

4) After 1798 days (Stalker) I still have hundreds of scrap metal left but only about 40 arrow shafts. Once they are all gone I will be left with a handful of arrow heads, feathers and spare bows - all being completely useless at that point.

Archived