How to start fire if you no longer have starter items?

thekillergreece

On 11.1.2017 at 4:17 PM, Ruruwawa said:

I've never had a sandbox, any difficulty, without a magnifying lens.  There's always that.

Yeah, I've never lacked it either. Sometimes it's quite well-hidden (e.g. in a fishing hut), but there was always one lens somewhere in all of my games so far. And as it never looses condition no matter how often you use it, you basically can't run out of means to start a fire in TLD. Hope that answers your question.^^

Oh and btw., further options for primitive firestarting are on the roadmap, but the Devs haven't revealed any details about that yet.

I've never had a game without a magnifying glass either. Usually find more than one. Whenever I start a fire outside and it's possible to use the magnifying glass, I will. I will even postpone lighting a fire if I can if the weather prevents me from using the magnifying glass.

But even without the magnifying glass I can't imagine running out of all matches on all maps before quitting that game and starting a new one.

It would require a new feature to get fire without matches or the other fire starters. There has been considerable support for the addition of primitive fire making technology. Options could include bow drill, fire plow and many other options (see POLL on primitive fire making) or gathering fire from the environment such as lightning or sparking wires during some type of magnetic anomaly event. Even car batteries could potentially be used to start fires perhaps using reclaimed metal.

Archived