Blizzard force.

Bjern

When blizzard winds are at their strongest, not only is it difficult to walk into them, but it is also hard to stand still. Perhaps they could slightly push the player if they are standing still? Could be dangerous near a cliff face.

+1

Rather than being blown back I'd rather see a suggestion someone else made a few months ago where traveling in a blizzard would occasionally cause your character to shield their eyes and twist slightly. It would make navigation in a blizzard much more dangerous. As it is, blizzard navigation (especially on lower difficulties) is great since you can point yourself in one direction, never move (your mouse) and be guaranteed to be brought to your destination eventually with the bonus of having no wolves to contend with.

5 hours ago, cekivi said:

+1

Rather than being blown back I'd rather see a suggestion made a few months ago where traveling in a blizzard would occasionally cause your character to shield their eyes and twist slightly. It would make navigation in a blizzard much more dangerous. As it is, blizzard navigation (especially on lower difficulties) is great since you can point yourself in one direction, never move and be guaranteed to be brought to your destination eventually with the bonus of having no wolves to contend with.

Yes, your character reacting to the blizzard would be awesome!

I really like this idea.

Trying to cross the broken part of the bridge between ML and CH in a blizzard could trigger the falling through ice animation with the result being losing gear and possible injuries. If your condition is too low you fall to your death. Same idea when crossing tree bridges

On 12/01/2017 at 6:11 AM, cekivi said:

+1

Rather than being blown back I'd rather see a suggestion someone else made a few months ago where traveling in a blizzard would occasionally cause your character to shield their eyes and twist slightly. It would make navigation in a blizzard much more dangerous. As it is, blizzard navigation (especially on lower difficulties) is great since you can point yourself in one direction, never move (your mouse) and be guaranteed to be brought to your destination eventually with the bonus of having no wolves to contend with.

As the guy that suggested this last time, I whole heatedly agree with this statement.

The 'point the mouse and arrive' issue is why I stopped playing this game entirely. It makes walking outside nothing more then a loading screen until you arrive at the next place. A blizzard should be a nightmare, not a dream.

Archived