Injured wildlife should have "injured" animation walking

thekillergreece

If a wolf, bear or deer has been shot on the legs for example, they should limb more often, making it easier to understand which wildlife you attacked. If a wolf has been stabbed in neck or something during struggle, the wound should be clearly visible to understand easily if thats the wolf you attacked or not, to avoid confusion.

16 hours ago, thekillergreece said:

If a wolf, bear or deer has been shot on the legs for example, they should limb more often, making it easier to understand which wildlife you attacked. If a wolf has been stabbed in neck or something during struggle, the wound should be clearly visible to understand easily if thats the wolf you attacked or not, to avoid confusion.

+1

They already do?

If you injure a wolf it will run away. If you follow it, you can observe it limping slowly before it dies. You can get quite close to them while they're in this state without it attacking, if you want to finish it off with another shot; if you get too close it will attack you again, but you can usually kill it in the struggle quite easily.

I haven't managed to keep up with an injured bear or deer after wounding them, so I'm not sure if they have similar animations/ stages of death.

3 hours ago, thekillergreece said:

Strange. I shot a bear and a wolf and they both kept walking normally as if nothing happened until they met their demise.

If they're fleeing they won't limp and some players have reported seeing nothing happen until the animal expires.

2 minutes ago, cekivi said:

If they're fleeing they won't limp and some players have reported seeing nothing happen until the animal expires.

I believe ANY animal who been shot on their legs should limb, be it fleeing from you or not. Animals who are completely weak due to blood loss, could either walk very slowly (Different animation obviously) or just lay on the ground waiting to die or something. This behavior in general really needs to be expanded and be more nice when it comes to injuries!

9 hours ago, cekivi said:

Like @Pillock said there is currently an animation for animal injury and it is very obvious. I've just found that it doesn't always trigger when it should.

So we are talking about a bug.

On TOP of that, an another feature I suggested (On the first post) is, all animals SHOULD have CLEAR bleeding WOUNDS. For example, you shot a bear on the head, then the wound on the head of the bear should be clearly visible so you can understand easily which animal you shot as bleeding isnt always visible from distance or sort of.

• 2 months later...

Bears have not bled like other animals. I shot one with 3 arrows, while at the fishing hut in TWM, while there was blood for a while, I passed a little time fishing while he ran around came out of the hut and the blood was gone, when he finally collapsed, it was pretty clean around him and I went to retrieve the arrows stuck in him. There should likely be a trail near and around a wounded animal for quite some time after it's death, barring a blizzard or terrain that covers it/prevents it.  usually good on a wolf kill or rabbit hit with a bow.

6 hours ago, thekillergreece said:

Bumping it a bit if you don't mind. I did try hit a wildlife in their leg and none of them ever limped while running or walking. I am not sure if its a bug or the animation actually does not exist.

Doesn't sound like a bug. Some animals will limp if wounded, but it doesn't usually happen right away -- it takes a bit of time for them to really start feeling the seriousness of their injury. Also, a wound doesn't have to be in the animal's leg for it to start limping.

8 hours ago, Mel Guille said:

Doesn't sound like a bug. Some animals will limp if wounded, but it doesn't usually happen right away -- it takes a bit of time for them to really start feeling the seriousness of their injury. Also, a wound doesn't have to be in the animal's leg for it to start limping.

I am not sure, I have been following the deer for 30 total minutes (I shot it with arrow on it's leg) and it never limped, it only run away constantly as it saw me only to be killed by a wolf in the end.

36 minutes ago, thekillergreece said:

I am not sure, I have been following the deer for 30 total minutes (I shot it with arrow on it's leg) and it never limped, it only run away constantly as it saw me only to be killed by a wolf in the end.

Part of that is animation prioritization. Running will always override a limp.

I've seen this behaviour on wolves and deer. First they run away in panic, and after the adrenaline rush expires they limb or move very slow. Deer mostly take longer time on panic than wolves, and they often die from blood loss or panic during their adrenaline rush. I've seen that quite often while chasing them

11 hours ago, Mel Guille said:

The limping animation for wolfs looks very similar to the walking animation.

Archived