Info on signs / walls

jak522

I like the idea of signs and posters readable in game, not all of them need to be, but I'd like to be able to get info from them, like maps/ park posters or campground signs and the other things ingame, because I think it would add to immersion and be helpful to players in navigation and for information. I also think that articles from newspapers or just things can be found on the bulletin boards throughout the world. 

What do you guys thing, yes or no

There's the diary entry that you find in the TWM hut.

It's a nice bit of atmospheric flavour, but it doesn't really do anything useful in terms of helping your character survive. When that first came into the game, I'd thought it would probably be the first of other 'clues' as to what's happened to the world, but it doesn't seem to have materialised. I'd like to see more of this type of thing, if the developers have time for it. Perhaps it'll be more apparent in Story mode?

16 minutes ago, Pillock said:

There's the diary entry that you find in the TWM hut.

It's a nice bit of atmospheric flavour, but it doesn't really do anything useful in terms of helping your character survive. When that first came into the game, I'd thought it would probably be the first of other 'clues' as to what's happened to the world, but it doesn't seem to have materialised. I'd like to see more of this type of thing, if the developers have time for it. Perhaps it'll be more apparent in Story mode?

Yeah, I was thinking like news headlines in the houses about the events or workplace safety posters in the hydro-dam. I also think it'd be cool if we could take the posters and put them in our bases.

Maybe ever time you pick up a news paper's a % of them would give you the option to read into a story about the days leading up to the current time frame of the game, talking about things like housing markets crashing or crime investigators finding this or that or maybe news about some of the areas in the game shutting down for this/that reason, like mines not being profitable because they can't move supplies efficiently due to the constant downing of trees/rock slides & blizzards in the area or how snow storms are bringing the price of owning a home in the religion down & maintenance up or how the wildlife has become deadly in this or that area driving people away, or finally like political news about countries having resource issues or how the area was suffering some how before the events of TLD took place.  

It would something fun to look out for when picking up random supplies, like gun books would give gun tips like " aim in front of a target instead of following it to get a better shot " or in a survival book " have your supplies ready before starting a fire so your not rushing around wasting precious calories and putting yourself in danger for a stick "

js

Archived