Multiplayer?

Camarvin16

What about adding a multiplayer to be able to play with up to 3 friends and all start in random areas of the map. The story is gonna have other survivors why not let us do that with friends in sandbox. I feel like it would make the game that much more enjoyable to survive the harsh winter with a companion to talk to and share stories with about fishing and hunting and hiking. No need for a nap or HUD marker just to be able to travel and survive with a friend or two.

That feature would probably have to be taken out and adjusted to something like 7 days to die where you can change how fast the time changes in game and just make it to where you just sit there and fish and catch up the amount you can catch so you could sit there a hour and catch a certain amount of fish. In my opinion it's a small sacrifice to make especially to take out the exhaustion and rest aspect of the game.

2 minutes ago, JimmyPL56 said:

I think Hinterland shot down multiplayer of any form in a previous post. I'm fine with that, however I think this game would be perfect for co-op play (NOT multiplayer).

To do this with time consuming actions other party verify??  With current mechanics I don't see it happening. Too much reworking scripts basically level the whole game now 2+ years in alpha.  We can dream though...

4 minutes ago, JimmyPL56 said:

I think Hinterland shot down multiplayer of any form in a previous post. I'm fine with that, however I think this game would be perfect for co-op play (NOT multiplayer).

Yeah jays what I mean like a co op play. It would be just perfect

12 hours ago, June said:

Yeah, but how should all the time consuming actions work like fishing, harvesting etc? The time ingame would not advance the same for every player? Can´t think of a way this could be possible.

That is a good point.  With the current mechanics you would have to coordinate time consuming actions with your partner, or one of you would have to wait. That's why I think co-op would be the ideal option, no more than that.

Archived