Fuel Sources

I think we should have an option to also harvest fat from deer, bear, and wolves.

Fat burns so it could be used as an accelerant to start camp fires.

Just pack a little in with the timber used to start your fire. It would help give it a push so it has a better chance of catching.

Mountain men used this practice all the time in the early 1800's.

I'm not sure how the developers would limit the use of this method because some of these animals are rather large (the bear) and could have tremendous amounts of fat on them to harvest.

Also, how about an option to siphon gasoline out of abandoned vehicles.

You could remove motor oil from vehicles as well.

The oil would probably take longer to remove from an engine because of the cold weather but, you know, it's worth trying if you need to get a fire started.

EDIT #1: It looks like someone beat me to the fat idea. Haha.

What about gun powder though?

You could break open a rifle round and use that to ignite some timber.

Then again, you might blow your own hand off too.

You could also cauterize wounds with small amounts of black powder/gun powder like Leo DiCaprio did in "The Revenant" after his neck was tore open by that big sow grizz.

How about adding flint rocks scattered about in the game world. I know we have the fire striker but, if you run out of those, you could always use your knife (or hatchet) with flint to get a good warm fire going.

Small amounts of animal fur could be used as a fuel source too.

Just ideas folks.

EDIT #2: Since I'm currently exhibiting some form of insomnia that produces in depth thought, I had another idea. It's way off topic but I'll put it here anyway so I don't clutter up the forums with my ramblings. 

Add bourbon and tobacco. Think about it for a second. Some good whisky and tobacco? This could help with cabin fever!

Imagine sitting next to the fireplace during a blizzard, having a good swig of bourbon and rich pipe tobacco. Sounds relaxing to me!

Any thoughts?

9 hours ago, Fitzgeralds_Pelts said:

What about gun powder though?

You could break open a rifle round and use that to ignite some timber.

Then again, you might blow your own hand off too.

You could also cauterize wounds with small amounts of black powder/gun powder like Leo DiCaprio did in "The Revenant" after his neck was tore open by that big sow grizz.

Cauterization should be a last resort for stopping bleeding because it's painful, destroy some tissu which increase your infection risk and you need a fire and time but crack open a .303 for other thing than shooting why not

9 hours ago, Fitzgeralds_Pelts said:

EDIT #2: Since I'm currently exhibiting some form of insomnia that produces in depth thought, I had another idea. It's way off topic but I'll put it here anyway so I don't clutter up the forums with my ramblings. 

Add bourbon and tobacco. Think about it for a second. Some good whisky and tobacco? This could help with cabin fever!

Imagine sitting next to the fireplace during a blizzard, having a good swig of bourbon and rich pipe tobacco. Sounds relaxing to me!

Any thoughts?

Already a post but it will oblige Hinterland to raise the rating to teen

In general always cool to have a popular idea

Archived