Dead people.

Bjern

I imagine they are using a default form at the moment. It is likely they will have a variety of random 'bodies' to place at spawnable locations when the time is right. Remember this is still Alpha. Let's get some awesome gameplay going before we worry about cosmetics.

3 minutes ago, Silverhour said:

I imagine they are using a default form at the moment. It is likely they will have a variety of random 'bodies' to place at spawnable locations when the time is right. Remember this is still Alpha. Let's get some awesome gameplay going before we worry about cosmetics.

I do agree with you about focusing on awesome game play first. This is not that big a deal anyway...Just figured I'd bring it up and hope that eventually they do do something about it. It shouldn't be too difficult to add variety with dead bodies at least.

Just now, Bjern said:

I do agree with you about focusing on awesome game play first. This is not that big a deal anyway...Just figured I'd bring it up and hope that eventually they do do something about it. It shouldn't be too difficult to add variety with dead bodies at least.

I'm sure the art department could whip up five or six different bodies, in the common poses, and the dev's could implement some sort of random spawn generator whenever the game places a body. It already randomly places the bodies, now it just has to randomly decide which body to place. It's probably so simple they are putting it off while working out the kinks on bigger things.

2 minutes ago, Silverhour said:

I'm sure the art department could whip up five or six different bodies, in the common poses, and the dev's could implement some sort of random spawn generator whenever the game places a body. It already randomly places the bodies, now it just has to randomly decide which body to place. It's probably so simple they are putting it off while working out the kinks on bigger things.

Yeah, I hope that is the case. I don't mind waiting for it either.

Just in case nobody has thought to do this, I wanted to bring it up anyway. We all spot different things in the game that could be worked on, and this is a simple thing I noticed, so I wanted to contribute.

• 5 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, 44000 said:

At least let me bury them!

Having them sitting there... in my cabin... waiting patiently for me to come home like a loving husband... it gets a bit weird.

lol where do you stay at? I always pick the farmhouse on pleasant run. Might do a play thru and stay inside of a transition zone soon :P Any recommendation for one? Thinking the ravine.

2 hours ago, MarrowStone said:

Itdbe freaky if the game glitched though and the corpse changed to a different model

True, but glitches generally can be easily located and fixed. Besides, I think it's even stranger than that that every single dead person is the same guy! This sort of thing could lead to game conspiracy theories...Like maybe there's a secret cloning facility that the clones keep escaping from, or maybe the facility deliberately lets them out for some cruel human experiments! :o

Just a thought. :P

30 minutes ago, Eulumuri said:

What really bugs me about them is that I can see they have clothes on, but can't loot the clothes (or get meat from the corpse, for that matter. I'm starving! Of course I would!)

It is so easy to get food in this game (interloper excluded, never played) obesity could be an affliction. I don't think I have ever come close to starving to death and I have died a lot.

23 hours ago, Lovehandel said:

It is so easy to get food in this game (interloper excluded, never played) obesity could be an affliction. I don't think I have ever come close to starving to death and I have died a lot.

I haven't starved to death either, just frozen or been wolf/bear food. But I certainly have had "starving" status, and my character whining about needing food. If the idea is "what will you do to survive", why not make cannibalism possible?

Archived